Domain Empire

discuss Boogle Crypto Currency, Can they do this?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

55Domains

Top Member
Impact
A while ago i had checked whats on Boogle.com and it seemed to me it was a Google related website (had the google search bar and all that on it, as can be seen on archive.org)

I saw a few days ago that the domain was bought by a project called Boogle, the problem is, said project is a search engine. (Decentralized as they claim)...
My question for fellow domainers is, can they legally put a search engine on such a similar domain and get away with it, or is it more likely they are Google or have a direct contract with them? Keep in mind, these people have a 2 story office in SG, and the project is out there since 2017.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Interesting! I see they have 184 followers on Twitter https://twitter.com/boogle_hq
83 subs on YT and are based out of Singapore. You may have stumbled upon something worthwhile. Thanks for sharing.
bx0v8pf3mfj41.jpg

•••
I did look into this quite a bit more, and it does not seem they are google, at the same time, no affiliation seems unlikely, (I just cant think of a way to legally do it). Back to square one. :xf.rolleyes:

•••
interesting topic...

boogle is famous in Singapore and they got advertisers too.

•••
•••
•••
I'm getting a warning from Google trying to visit the site. I'm pretty sure they're aware of it.

I haven't looked into the tech but they are definitely copying Google elements. Petty move.

•••
I'm getting a warning from Google trying to visit the site. I'm pretty sure they're aware of it.

I haven't looked into the tech but they are definitely copying Google elements. Petty move.

So, what is the verdict? I keep checking it out...They are growing fast on Twitter :) 188 followers now.

•••
So, what is the verdict? I keep checking it out...They are growing fast on Twitter :) 188 followers now.

I wouldn't be comfortable trying to get away with but you never now... Let's see what happens :)

•••
They themself said they just have a good lawyer, but imo, no lawyer in the world could win this, so they are either really stupid or have an agreement with Google, its either or imo...

•••
They themself said they just have a good lawyer, but imo, no lawyer in the world could win this, so they are either really stupid or have an agreement with Google, its either or imo...

It must be an agreement of some sort. Shall we ask Google haha

•••
•••
•••
I have set it up to experiment with it and did 7 searches and earned this in BOO...

Total Amount to Withdraw:

Total Amount withdrawn:

Remaining balance for withdrawal:

Is Boogle your future BOO or BOO they scared ya?

•••
Here is an announcement post from their telegram group about about when they acquired the dot com domain name:

We’re excited to finally announce that we’ve acquired boogle.com and made it our own! It has been a long time in the making and we believe it is the start of something truly amazing.

Owning boogle.com shows our existing and future customers that we’re fully committed in the global arena and we’re here for the long haul. It took a lot of persistence, hardwork and multiple offers over the past few months to finally seal the deal.

A lot has changed this year for the Boogle Search Engine: We've added impactful new features and fine-tuned existing ones. We'll have some more exciting information to share soon, so stay tuned!

•••
•••
I don't, yet but look at this. They have their own crypto BOO

https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/boogle
Well, the crypto is primarily why i made the thread, which is how i found them.
Its kinda wierd that someone would go ahead and set up a billion $+ market if they do not have permission to do so, (which of course they normally wouldnt need) but putting a search engine on Boogle will hold infront of no judge ever, google could file a lawsuit for damages in the millions aswell as udrp for the domain/s tomorrow and they would 100% win, the fact they have not yet done this after 3 years shows me that they likely wont do so, and if thats the case then its back to square one, why? (Whichever way i look at it, its always the same, google must have agreed to this).

•••
Well, the crypto is primarily why i made the thread, which is how i found them.
Its kinda wierd that someone would go ahead and set up a billion $+ market if they do not have permission to do so, (which of course they normally wouldnt need) but putting a search engine on Boogle will hold infront of no judge ever, google could file a lawsuit for damages in the millions aswell as udrp for the domain/s tomorrow and they would 100% win, the fact they have not yet done this after 3 years shows me that they likely wont do so, and if thats the case then its back to square one, why? (Whichever way i look at it, its always the same, google must have agreed to this).

Well, the way I am looking at it now is that they can improve any product they wish based on their opinion in hopes it gains traction. Have you joined their telegram announcement group to see what they have posted since they started it?

https://no_url_shorteners/boogleannounce

•••
•••
•••
•••
They will be fine. Good luck in your investigation.

•••
I asked them directly:

Darrell, [30.04.20 09:14]
Hi Boogle - Do you work with Google?
Darrell, [30.04.20 09:14]
or have an agreement with them?
Darrell, [30.04.20 09:15]
asking for a lot of friends...
George | Will Not DM You First,
[In reply to Darrell]
Thanks for your interest! We're not in any way associated with Google. You can read more about us through our medium channel.
https://medium.com/@boogleofficial

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back