NameSilo

domains BlueSky partnering with Namecheap

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
Purchase and Manage Domains Directly Through Bluesky

On Bluesky and the AT Protocol, you can set domains that you own like bsky.team or alice.lol as your username. Typically, this requires buying a domain name from a registrar and configuring DNS records in their portal. We’re partnering with Namecheap, one of the leading domain name registrars, to let you pick out a domain name and link it to your Bluesky account in under a minute.

Namecheap, an ICANN accredited registrar that supports the Electronic Frontier Foundation and the open internet, has existed for over 22 years, and their reputation for dependable and affordable domain services aligns with our dedication to providing users with more choice in managing their digital presence.

Here’s what this means for you:

• Custom Bluesky handle. Set your new domain as your username in Bluesky with just a few clicks.
  • Easy domain purchasing. Simply type in your desired domain and browse the listed options to purchase your desired domain.
  • Increased privacy. Bluesky offers an additional layer of privacy protection by acting as your domain registrar agent. We do not register your personal information with the WHOIS directory, which is a searchable database that holds information on domain ownership.
  • Convenient domain management. Manage your domain settings and configurations within Bluesky.
  • Email forwarding. Emails sent to your domain can be easily forwarded to an email address of your choice.
  • URL forwarding Your domain will redirect to your Bluesky profile or URL of your choice.

read more / related

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Namecheap used to get me ALOT of sales at Sedo. That has completely dried up over the last 5-6 months. I really hope this can bring those sales back!!

This could also help "cool" sounding domains sell better too.

Bluesky sucks though

Last edited:
•••
While I’m worried that Bluesky is already getting lapped by Threads, this is great for helping domainers communicate the value of owning your own domain. Is anybody else thinking of ways to incorporate this in their messaging?

•••
I hate that BlueSky uses “.xyz”
Even Meta’s “Threads.net” is better!

Last edited:
•••
Anyone know what any of these services are?

•••

Yes, ironically Bluesky has one of the worst domains. Doesn't lend credibility to something trying to take over a huge industry.

•••
BlueSky is an interesting direction for social media exploration, and it doesn't do anything different in terms of user experience. But...is this serious?

• Convenient domain management. Manage your domain settings and configurations within Bluesky.
  • Email forwarding. Emails sent to your domain can be easily forwarded to an email address of your choice.
But I'm not using a custom handle because I don't know yet what kind of monitoring the AT protocol will have on DNS records.
These two "features" make me feel a little uncomfortable, what DNS management? Are they a social media or a hosting provider, a registrar?

BTW, I have a test account and I have two invitation codes, If anyone wants to experience it, please DM me.

Last edited:
•••
Considering "Sky" goes after anyone using the word, including Microsoft when they created SkyDrive, now OneDrive I'll be surprised if the name "bluesky" survives. They were, or are called BSkyB which I would argue is even closer to the name and their domain bsky even closer...

Last edited:
•••
Namecheap used to get me ALOT of sales at Sedo. That has completely dried up over the last 5-6 months. I really hope this can bring those sales back!!

How NameCheap got sales from Sedo? Do you need to link your Sedo account with NameCheap?

•••
Thought about bluesky app itself: social networks with invites are nonsense, imo. Geeks will play with this and abandon it.

Last edited:
•••

Not only xyz, but also not even an exact match (bluesky.xyz) but blueskyweb.xyz. Just awful.

•••
Thought about bluesky app itself: social networks with invites are nonsense, imo. Geeks will play with this and abandon it.

Yes and no. I've participated in some invite-only services back when they weren't yet called "social" and it was a pretty cool experience. They ended not because users got bored and abandoned them but because the devs descended into profit-seeking madness after "getting out of beta".

•••
Last edited:
•••
devs descended into profit-seeking
Yes, and with any sort of limitations for users they are dramatically cut off possible auditory from ad sellers.
Not to mention this place would be unsocial because of invites.

•••
Not only xyz, but also not even an exact match (bluesky.xyz) but blueskyweb.xyz. Just awful.

bluesky dot web coming soon / year -two

•••
The only thing “BlueSky” did right was copy ”invite-only”

This creates a buzz.

Last edited:
•••
invite-only

Invite only meaning is: Testing A, B or final product. Test users comes in waves... step by step. BSW need a year+ more time to adapt features and tune the system.

Regards

Last edited:
•••
Anyone know what any of these services are?

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back