DAN.com
  1. → We are performing a scheduled upgrade. The site may be intermittently unavailable. ←

Blog.surgery value?

Labeled as domain in Domain Appraisal, started by Carlton9597, Sep 22, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. Carlton9597

Carlton9597 New Member

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. jim h

jim h Upgraded Member Gold Account

3. Carlton9597

Carlton9597 New Member

4. NickB

NickB Wales.org VIP

There has never been a publicly reported sale on Namebio for this extension since its release in 2014.....

"The domain surgery went live into General Availability on the 13th August 2014"
    https://www.nominate.com/surgery.shtml

Does this tell you something 🤔

Your not going to get $700 for this.....

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
  5. Zanok

Zanok Top Contributor VIP Gold Account

6. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Top Member NameTalent VIP Gold Account Trusted Blogger

In addition to lack of past sales in the extension noted by @NickB, to me the order is not optimum. If the name was for a blog about surgeries, I would prefer the name surgery.blog, since .blog, especially since among writers .blog is a much more known extension. That name is available for hand registration (NO I am not proposing registering it), but at a very steep ($2000 wholesale) registry premium. However, for less than $10 I could hand register TheSurgery.Blog which to me would be a more descriptive match.

Now it is possible my thinking is wrong, as TheBlogSurgery is registered and active on .com, and an exact term match on "blog surgery" leads to 46k results, many more than i would have expected. If the intention of the name is a site helping people analyze and reconstruct their blogs, the order you have is indeed better. But still I think odds of selling it are tiny, and probably even then at a very modest price. There are 113k results for quotation search on "surgery blog" so my reasoning seems week in above paragraph. But I still believe it :xf.grin:.

Or, I could hand register your name in .com (or any other TLD): BlogSurgery.com.

Even though no aftermarket sales, there are a few of the .surgery names in use, such as one.surgery.

It is not a name that i would have registered personally. The renewal is more than first year registration, so, if you have not received any offers or interest after a year, I would not renew.

I hope it works out for you @Carlton9597. This is not an exact business. And welcome to NamePros!

Bob

PS in my research I found the following list of top 10 surgery blogs from around the world. Might be helpful background as you research the niche and think about possible end use.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice