Dynadot

information Blog post on Basic info for buying domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Joe Styler

Aftermarket Product ManagerTop Member
GoDaddy Staff
Impact
I recently wrote an article on some basic things you should consider when buying a domain name to resell. The investor part of the article has a bold title and starts about 1/3 of the way down. If you have any questions let me know. As always any feedback you have is appreciated. There is a lot more to it than a brief article can cover but I hope you can take something from it.
THINK LIKE A BUYER
As you sort through your results, put yourself in a potential buyer’s shoes. Would you buy the domain if you were in their business? Honestly, how much explanation would it take to make sense to the buyer? Picture yourself calling a photographer and saying, “I have a great domain to help you drive more traffic to your website, saycheez.biz. Well, actually it’s spelled c-h-e-e-z, not c-h-e-e-s-e. What’s a .biz? Well, it’s just like a .com but it’s spelled .biz …”

You can find the article here:
http://no_url_shorteners/findnames

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
"THE MORE YOU HAVE TO EXPLAIN THE DOMAIN, THE HARDER THE SALE."

Great post Joe. Thank you!

-Omar

•••
thanks joe you understand what people need currently.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back