Domain Empire

news Blockchain Name Change Gone Gangbusters

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Internet.Domains

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
As reported by TechCrunch:
Long Island Iced Tea shares went gangbusters after changing its name to Long Blockchain

Want to increase company value on the open market? Just change your name to something blockchain. At least, that worked for the Long Island Iced Tea Corp after changing its name to Long Blockchain Corp.

In what is the most 2017 thing ever, company shares soared by as much as 500 percent in pre-market trading this morning after the company announced the name change, settling back to about a 275 percent gain.

Up until this morning, Long Blockchain was a little-known company making non-alcoholic lemonades and ice teas
Though the company says it doesn’t have any agreements in place, the company has switched its domain to http://www.longblockchain.com and the new site says Long Blockchain is in the “preliminary stages of evaluating specific opportunities.

Source:https://techcrunch.com/2017/12/21/l...s-after-changing-its-name-to-long-blockchain/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes, this makes sense. Because whilst sipping my Long Island, the first thing that springs to mind is blockchain technology..:xf.confused:

•••
Just read about this a few minutes ago! Many more companies are doing this. Seems like it's becoming a "drop in, drop out" type thing right now. Only days before actual people start changing their legal names lol......

•••
Obviously a smart marketing campaign. Some people will make some money out of it at the same time. But when it invariably crashes people are going to scream pump and dump after they lose money.

•••
•••
LOL...Not satire. Just some people being on the right side of the pump and dump at the right time lol.

•••
LOL...Not satire. Just some people being on the right side of the pump and dump at the right time lol.

At least I think it's just a marketing gimmick/satire. Who knows lol.

•••
Kinda reminds me of the early to mid part of the 00s when there were all these MVNOs springing up everywhere. It seemed like everyday there was a new cellphone company then BOOM, day by day all those companies started to disappear and get swallowed up by the very MNOs they ran on. Not exactly apples to apples here but it feels like it in a sense. On the other hand, bitcoin once traded at $8.15.....who knows!

•••
Kinda reminds me of the early to mid part of the 00s when there were all these MVNOs springing up everywhere. It seemed like everyday there was a new cellphone company then BOOM, day by day all those companies started to disappear and get swallowed up by the very MNOs they ran on. Not exactly apples to apples here but it feels like it in a sense. On the other hand, bitcoin once traded at $8.15.....who knows!

I know what you mean. It actually reminds me of the dot com bubble more than anything. Many new and even established major players start doing amazing and a ton of companies following in their footsteps.

If you apply that to crypto: Major coins and associated services/sites do amazing/will keep doing amazing, but lets be realistic....we can't have hundreds of different cryptos. Eventually only a handful will survive. Most will be Pets.com?

•••
I know what you mean. It actually reminds me of the dot com bubble more than anything. Many new and even established major players start doing amazing and a ton of companies following in their footsteps.

If you apply that to crypto: Major coins and associated services/sites do amazing/will keep doing amazing, but lets be realistic....we can't have hundreds of different cryptos. Eventually only a handful will survive. Most will be Pets.com?

Pets.com is ALL I could think about the entire time I read this article! History, the universe's greatest repeater.

•••
As reported by TechCrunch:

Long Island Iced Tea shares went gangbusters after changing its name to Long Blockchain

"Though the company says it doesn’t have any agreements in place, the company has switched its domain to http://www.longblockchain.com and the new site says Long Blockchain is in the “preliminary stages of evaluating specific opportunities.

Source:https://techcrunch.com/2017/12/21/l...s-after-changing-its-name-to-long-blockchain/
This is EXACTLY what happened at the TOP of the .com boom - this will blow up as sure as im writing this . Happy Holidays!

•••
It's amazing how so much of humanity can be so obsessed with identifying and studying bubbles yet the cycle never stops repeating.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back