Dynadot

discuss Bizarre auction!!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Patri

Established Member
Impact
I got no bid for my domain Polandholiday.com (appraised fo $xxxx)

But the contradiction for me is
when I look in namebio I see people make a lot of money with no sense name.

What wrongs?
Maybe the system of auction not showing my name in the list

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It could be because "Poland". No one wants to buy a single country + holiday keyword.

Maybe if it was world + holiday it would make sense.

This is just my view.

•••
It could be because "Poland". No one wants to buy a single country + holiday keyword.

Maybe if it was world + holiday it would make sense.

This is just my view.
Comparable domains sold:
maldivesholiday.com in july 2014 $ 3,995.00 USD
southpacificholiday.com in December 2011 $ 3,188.00 USD
cubaholiday.com 3 346 $
italyholiday.com 1 800 $
newzealandholiday.com 1 500 $
canadaholiday.com 1 888 $
baliholiday.com 1 200 $

poland has 22,100,000 International Tourist Arrivals
https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/most-visited-countries

•••
Comparable domains sold:
cubaholiday.com 3 346 $
italyholiday.com 1 800 $
baliholiday.com 1 200 $

poland has 22,100,000 International Tourist Arrivals
https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/most-visited-countries
Like I said it was just my opinion. But Maldives is more popular than Poland. Celebrities mostly go there so maybe that's why I don't know.
But yeah people over pay for crap names.

•••
It is a domain you registered 5 days back and you are sad that it not sold...
That is not how domaining works. If it would be that easy everybody would do it that way.
Registering and selling with profit within 5 days. Patience is the key (expect you are trying to flip)!

Lets take a closer look at "maldivesholiday" in com you mentioned above which sold for $3,995.
Maldivesholiday is registered since 2001 and taken in 9 Extensions. The maldives are one of THE travel destinations of the world. You can't compare your fresh registered domain with one of that caliber.

And..

If you take a closer look at all the sales of GEO + keyword then you'll see the very most sold back in 2009-2014.
Times change. Don't get me wrong. Your domain isn't rubbish in my opinion but it is nothing for a quick flip with profit.

•••
It is a domain you registered 5 days back and you are sad that it not sold...
That is not how domaining works. If it would be that easy everybody would do it that way.
Registering and selling with profit within 5 days. Patience is the key (expect you are trying to flip)!

Lets take a closer look at "maldivesholiday" in com you mentioned above which sold for $3,995.
Maldivesholiday is registered since 2001 and taken in 9 Extensions. The maldives are one of THE travel destinations of the world. You can't compare your fresh registered domain with one of that caliber.

And..

If you take a closer look at all the sales of GEO + keyword then you'll see the very most sold back in 2009-2014.
Times change. Don't get me wrong. Your domain isn't rubbish in my opinion but it is nothing for a quick flip with profit.
International tourism, number of arrivals
poland 88,515,000
maldive 555,000
france 117,109,000
https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/ST.INT.ARVL?locations=MV

Because tourism in poland has increased exponentially last years and poland becomes a favorite destination for tourists.

GEO + keyword most sold back in 2009-2014 Because now these names are not available. What's your opinion?

•••
GEO + keyword most sold back in 2009-2014 Because now these names are not available. What's your opinion?

No. I'd say because in that time it was more lucrative at the affiliate/blog 'travel' market but idk.
Italyholiday.com, Germanyholiday.com, SpainHoliday.com, Franceholiday.com...
All available at the aftermarket. Not a single enduser.

Last edited:
•••
No. I'd say because in that time it was more lucrative at the affiliate/blog 'travel' market but idk.

Because they are simply bad domains and Poland holiday is even worse.

•••
SpainHoliday.com is for loan

•••
•••
They are also for sale for example franceholiday is for 5 684,00 € in market
For my name Polandholiday I will satisfy with $XX or low $XXX

Last edited:
•••
They are for sale for example franceholiday is for 5 684,00 € in market
For my name Polandholiday I will satisfy with $XX or low $XXX

And again... like i said - then you got to wait for somebody who's willing to pay that amount for that domain.

•••
You are not get a cent, bro. Move on and buy better domains.

•••
Because they are simply bad domains and Poland holiday is even worse.
they are good domain
Comparable domains sold:
cubaholiday.com 3 346 $
italyholiday.com 1 800 $
baliholiday.com 1 200 $

•••
•••
It isn’t a bad name in my opinion and you might be able to sell it for a decent amount to an end user that decides they want it. However it might take some time to connect with that right person and it is very unlikely that an end-user for the domain would find it at auction, and in the exact few days you have owned it.

Put a landing page on it and list it at the major marketplaces and give it some time.

•••
What wrongs?
What's wrong is that you are new to the game and don't understand how everything works.
Also, a name like that is not likely to get many bids. But you need to learn more about the value of a name and what to expect from the bidding game. Its a slow learning process.

•••
•••
Please also be aware that for these search terms, Google shows information about 'public holidays' and 'bank holidays' in Poland on the first page, rather than the tourist sites you might expect. I don't see any advertisers either, while this month (end of June) should be ideally suited to advertise.

Good luck selling, but it's not as 'bizarre' as you may think.

1656266863635.png

Last edited:
•••
The funny thing is that I'm actually in Poland on holiday now.

Last edited:
•••
Terrible name. Just let it drop when it expires. The reason those other names "sold" is because they are desirable beach vacations/tourist spots. Believe me, I have been to Poland and spent over a month there. Nice place, but I don't know a soul who would chose a vacation to Poland over Maldives, or Italy, or Cuba, or any other beachy/sunny place in the world. PolandHoliday.com is a terrible name.

•••
You don't know how long those other domains took to sell. I think the domain can sell but you need to give it 7 years. In that time, hopefully someone will buy it. I would list it for 1988 with make offer and just wait.

If you posted that you did sell the name and wondered why people would want such a name, a lot of people would tell you the reasons why it sold.

Domains take a long time to sell, this is a business for people that can wait many years even decades.

If you can afford to lose 7 registration fees, renew it and wait.

•••
Liquidate if haven't the patience. Stop trying to auction it unless willing to open low and promote it put make offer or bin and park wait and keep waiting.

Last edited:
•••
Poland is not first choice travel destination. May be it was 83 years ago but only Germans and Soviets were fond of going there.

•••
There is always a BIG RED LINE between those that sell and those that probably never will, Unfortunately the inexperienced domainers don't see that line.. The very nature and usage of the English language can have a devastating effect on domains that seem closely linked to associated past sales.

'I'm going on a Poland Holiday' Well the first time I've ever come across those words is when just said them to my self. I would have thought 'PolishHoliday would have more resonance (Yep it's taken)

The domain game is usually about the most unexpected sales. Those dead-certain ones always sit without a suitor . Particularly if your using valuation tools for your guidance

Last edited:
•••
Back