NameSilo

.biz .biz Market

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dave9713

carfinanceassistant.co.ukEstablished Member
Impact
Can anyone elaborate on the .biz market? How much would a big premium .biz be worth?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am looking at past sales recorded for .Biz, not promising really. Speaking about premium names...but there is always an exception, overall high-quality keywords do not yield much return in comparison to other top extensions. So I just skip .biz.

Sport.biz $13,000
Hyip.biz $500
allgames.biz $70
Cashout $136

Well so many sales, but I think overall sale price is low, considering the premium terms.
While some one-word .biz domains become available; they are not worth much beyond regcost, because the super-premium sales were not that promising.

and it looks like these sales are end-user sales. this makes selling .biz name in resale market somewhat difficult.

•••
thanks porte thats what i needed to know :)

•••
Yea, to put it simplely avoid the .biz extenison as much as humanly possable. It doesn't have a massive resale value. My rule is if it can't be summed up in a true bussiness don't buy it.

Names worth buy are for example -

Oil.biz
Computer.biz
Sports.biz
Fishing.biz

It should sound normal when you say ________ Business (I.e Fishing Business)

If it doesn't fit that i personally see no use in buying it.

•••
Useful advice for myself too, thanks.

•••
•••
FKA, that really is a shocker, btw nice blog post.

I would have expected for what it is you could have gotten alot more for it considering it was a counteries name.

Strange but just shows how weak .biz really is.

- John

•••
I wouldn't rule it out entirely.
I own Cash.biz and there has been some interest.

•••
in my opinoin the only decent .biz domains worth anything are some of those listed above..the one worders that are really popular..maybe a two worder if it is extremely popular like texasholdem, stockmarket, usedcars...etc..just my 2 cents!

•••
Fka200 said:
I just blogged about Honduras.biz : http://www.fka200.com

Sold for $300 @ the geoauction
Agree with your blog that .biz works well with business-specific extensions. A good one that comes to mind is Mortgage.biz for 15k earlier this year. On Honduras, Honduras has extreme poverty and business is largely confined to banana and pineapple exports. 1 out of 3 are unemployed, serious water sanitation problems, etc.

•••
The deal with Honduras.biz is kind of odd.

P.S: Cartlon... how weird... you own California.biz? I was just on there today. LOL! I assume something like that maintained for a month or so can definitely make $300 in a year, and then have it sustain itself for reg fee afterwards. That's how I look at the domaining industry at least: it's worth it if it can at least pay for itself. It gets a bit more details, but thats my ultimate basic rule.

•••
•••
sport.biz $14,643 (Sedo)
binoculars.biz $2750 (Sedo)
businesswebhosting.biz $500 (Sedo)
vipproxy.biz $501 (Sedo)
sexx.biz $700 (Sedo)
myx.biz $500 (Afternic)
xxxportal.biz $1470 (Sedo)

... in Nov 2007

•••
Those are quite high pricing for .biz, maybe the perfect "end-users" or what you call them. Problem is that you got to wait to find them. Most likely resellers do not pay that much.

A bit surprised from vipproxy.biz price. :S I would not give it more than regcost.. heh :D

•••
.biz is really a poor market..
i have several 3 letters .biz but they have very low wholesale prices..
even L-L.biz has very low wholesale prices..
kinda sad but true...
even .info is stronger than .biz

•••
.biz is in use. And they sell to businesses who use them. Aftermarket is only one guage of viability. Sales are sales.

Maybe you need to work on acquiring better keywords that match the namespace..

•••
Most of the great .biz names are taken. But i like to buy them and develop them. I like them alot.

•••
.biz will continue its upswing in a secure fashion (IMO).
If you notice, you start seeing sites being advertised with .biz alot more.
That and .info.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back