Dynadot

.biz .biz, .eu or .mobi?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have an option to buy short PC related domain, but the only available options are .biz, .eu and .mobi

I want to sell it later on, so I want to know which TLD will get better response.

I know .eu will work for Europe mainly.

What about .biz and .mobi?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
33 views, 0 replies? Come on guys, that's just not serious for one of the biggest domain name forums. And that's not just about this thread. It happens all the time since I joined.

Maybe I choose the wrong forum...

•••
.mobi is for mobile websites.
.eu is restricted to EU registrants
.biz: a poor substitute for .com

For the purpose of resale I would say all three are to be avoided.
Now your question is rather broad. Read read read and get acquainted with the different extensions and their relative value/purposes.

•••
33 views, 0 replies? Come on guys, that's just not serious for one of the biggest domain name forums. And that's not just about this thread. It happens all the time since I joined.

Maybe I choose the wrong forum...

Patience is a virtue. Perhaps the viewers had similar questions and were looking to see if it was answered...?

sdsinc said:
.mobi is for mobile websites.
.eu is restricted to EU registrants
.biz: a poor substitute for .com

For the purpose of resale I would say all three are to be avoided.
Now your question is rather broad. Read read read and get acquainted with the different extensions and their relative value/purposes.

Pretty much sums up what most would say. If you're buying to resell only, these probably aren't for you.

•••
As a reseller these are all best to avoid unless you know what you are doing.

Brad

•••
that's all not general

recommen .com

•••
Thanks for the replies!

I saw Sedo's market study report. I says that .com .net and .org sells better for gTLD. Which is something normal.

But for ccTLD the reports says that .de with 38% and .eu with 36% are the best selling. After that it's co.uk. with 13% and the others.

@bmugford
This means that .eu shouldn't be avoided just like that. Especially if I'm in Europe.

However Sedo forgot to add in the report, the language percentage of the sold domains for the Q1 of 2010. And specifically for .eu.
That would be interesting to see because of the many different languages in Europe.

Does anybody have the language information?

•••
it is a no brainer: of course .eu, the other two are nearing evaporation.

•••
Where does .in fit into the scene of things...it's pretty popular

•••
.in is great
DEFINITELY .in > .biz > .eu > .mobi

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back