Domain Empire

domain bike.car need your advice please

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Schoenfeld

Impact
hello fellas, hope you all are good and wishing you a happy 2019 :)

i am very new here and wanted to ask you guys for your precious advice over a domain that we are looking forward to acquire. it is bike.car i must let you know that we run a print automobile magazine and it is pretty decently known in our country. this project will be related but independent of the

so we found this domain on godaddy, made an offer of $5000 but didnt help. the domain was taken off market. meanwhile, we tried to contact the present owner, and it turns out that he is a well known name in the industry, but only his staff spoke to us and we couldnt really negotiate well. also felt this guy doesnt really wanted to sell, just wanted to determine value.but now, the domain has been listed again for $8888 upward and we are thinking of acquiring it but are confused about 2 things. first is the value, what do you think is the fair value and the max we should put. second is the seo, if not having a .com effects the seo etc in the long run?

we guys only know about content and photography, not much idea about the domain but we want a right domain. in my country motorcycle is called bike.

last question, layman wise. will you click on bike.car if you see it somewhere? :)

thanks in advance.
Schoenfeld

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Interesting. At first i was going to say NO I don't click on any new G link cause i hate the new G's
Would normal people recognize it though? I never knew a car/bicycle existed but it's interesting and new, I wouldn't mind a 2 seater.
BIN
Edit: Renewal costs now and in the future?

Last edited:
•••
Interesting. At first i was going to say NO I don't click on any new G link cause i hate the new G's
Would normal people recognize it though? I never knew a car/bicycle existed but it's interesting and new, I wouldn't mind a 2 seater.
BIN
Edit: Renewal costs now and in the future?

hello. well, they have existed for some time. infact, we were after another domain and bid much higher but only wasted our time. the renewals for .car and .cars are high currently but we will be adding them to our annual expense, so prepared for the renewals. considering we are not a domainer but we have to put the domain to use. also, we were told by one uniregistry broker (for another domain) that the renewals will go down after 3 years since launch of the tld. what we were told is that google sold rights to uniregistry for .car and the agreement contained not lowering prices for 3 years (not counting on it though)

please help me with an appraisal too.
regards

Last edited:
•••
Please help us with a maximum price we should offer.

•••
I just need to make something clear here. We are resellers (or flippers) here, and I can tell you that no one here would pay $5k USD for it.

It's objectively not a valuable domain, but each domain is worth as much as the buyer is willing to pay for it. There are some obviously killer domains like one word .coms and such, but I've seen crap sell for a lot and good domains sell for a lot less.

This has nothing to do with us, but with you. How much are you willing to pay to acquire that domain? How bad do you want it? If I were the seller, I'd immediately have accepted your $5K offer but you say that the guy is a well known domainer, so he has got other things in mind, I guess.

•••
Please help us with a maximum price we should offer.
Personally I don't like this name at all. But I also don't like new extensions in general.
There is no established market for new extensions unlike .com so it's more difficult to assess the 'fair' market value of domains. You decide how much this domain is worth according to your business plans.

But I would advise against this particular extension because it has insane renewal fees (2.5K apparently), are you aware ? In my book, this is not an asset but a liability.
And there is no guarantee that the renewal fees will not increase, or that the TLD won't go bankrupt in the future and disappear.
Unsurprisingly there are very few domains registered, thus very few end users and minimal exposure: https://ntldstats.com/tld/car
Given that the name has been registered since 2016, it could be that the owner would still be selling at a loss if he were to accept your offer. But it's his own fault.

The reported sales for .car show an average sales price of $745. So you're being generous.

•••
Each domain is worth what the second highest bidder is willing to pay (desparation contribution ignored, or this can be called virtual shill bidding).
Everyone makes one proxy bid, and the high bidder pays slightly higher than what the second high bidder would.

In this case the second high bidder is willing to pay ZERO, so you should pay the reg fee only(*)... Ok but if you like the domain , and renewals are acceptable and predictable, then not a bad choice. (* theoretically, and if this rule always applies then more than half of domain business would be killed).

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back