NameSilo

news Big News: XYZ Reaches Major Milestones in Accreditation Process

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

zollars Guo

Established Member
Impact
To all of our Chinese followers: Big news! We would like to announce we have taken MAJOR steps toward accreditation in China, which is on track for this year. This has been a long process, and we have crossed three of the five hurdles needed for full accreditation in China.

First, a brief overview of the accreditation process (we promise it won’t bore you):

Step 1. The registry must form a Chinese business entity to operate in China.

Step 2. The Chinese business must obtain a Chinese business license.

Step 3. ICANN, the governing body over naming on the internet, must approve the contractual changes to allow registry’s technical solution in China.

Step 4. ICANN then must successfully test the registry’s technical solution in China.

Step 5. Lastly, the registry must apply (through its Chinese business entity) for accreditation through the Chinese Government.

Whew, end of technical talk!

We are happy to announce that Steps 1 and 2 have been completed! We have fully formed our Chinese business entity and obtained our business license, which means that we will be able to operate as a business in China. This is a major accomplishment and the product of nearly a year of hard work. But our Chinese friends are worth it! Check out our shiny new business license:

We have also checked off Step 3. We have executed an amendment to our Registry Agreement with ICANN to operate our registry services in China. We are the ONLY registry operator to receive this mandatory permission from ICANN. That means we are closer to becoming fully accredited than any other non-Chinese new domain extension using a gateway model to operate in China.

With three of the five steps completed, we are now underway with Step 4. Testing is going as planned and we look forward to becoming accredited in 2016. We expect adoption to skyrocket once we receive approval, so be sure to register your .xyz domains now before someone else does! Click here to see a list of CCCC.xyz and LLLLL.xyz domains available now for standard fees, or bid on over 150 .xyz domains that are being sold for no reserve in our exclusive West.cn auction (visit W263.xyz for English). For more information about the auction, please read our complete announcement here.

Our Chinese partners are also currently offering a special promotion for .xyz domains for a limited time. Act now before someone else snatches up that perfect domain!

please go here gen.xyz/2016

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
I don't understand perfectly. Please brief.D-:

•••
That is great news, so i have to keep some of my xyz with.. Thanks for sharing this news.

•••
Thank you and others for the .xyz info you post here-we just sold Vehicles.xyz and are selling now FloodInsurance.xyz but we just BOUGHT bj10.xyz ( "bj" will be seen as "Beijing" at once by any Chinese speaker-we also own BeijingBrands.com etc)

•••
Thank you and others for the .xyz info you post here-we just sold Vehicles.xyz and are selling now FloodInsurance.xyz but we just BOUGHT bj10.xyz ( "bj" will be seen as "Beijing" at once by any Chinese speaker-we also own BeijingBrands.com etc)
I have a bunch of these LLNN.xyz domains. You should check out my portfolio (link in sig). I know one thing, my prices will be going up once they receive full accreditation. (I am taking offers now though.)
China has 58% of all the regged xyz domains. That is a big number!

•••
Thanks for bringing one more non-sense new gTLD to China.

Can't wait to see tons of LLLL, NNNN, LLLLL, NNNNN .xyz being dropped in a few years.

•••

Can't wait to see tons of LLLL, NNNN, LLLLL, NNNNN .xyz being dropped in a few years.
Perhaps you didn't read what I said-ill give you the benefit of the doubt-I said I just sold Vehicles.xyz so i really don't have much to lose do I ? Have a nice day.

•••
Yikes...this is good news indeed....I need to grab some more XYZ domains

•••
I have a bunch of these LLNN.xyz domains. You should check out my portfolio (link in sig). I know one thing, my prices will be going up once they receive full accreditation. (I am taking offers now though.)
China has 58% of all the regged xyz domains. That is a big number!
We have mostly .com pinyin names for China re "rental car" in Chinese etc but wanted at least one good .xyz just in case it does hit in a big way in China. We also own in the .ch extension a few re "real estate" .ch in pinyin etc for China but best of luck to you. btw We own 990v.com if you want to add to your list of nice numerics you own I just looked at.

•••

Depending on how this industry goes, you may be right. But, it won't just be xyz. It will be MANY other extensions.

It is a fact that xyz is one of the top 6(?) registered extensions. It is cheap to register. Doesn't China like cheap things? (Ok, sorry, that was a rude generalization.) Frankly, I see it becoming more loved in China rather than the US.

•••
Perhaps you didn't read what I said-ill give you the benefit of the doubt-I said I just sold Vehicles.xyz so i really don't have much to lose do I ? Have a nice day.

To me, the meaning and principle of domain name investment is END USER RULES.

I'll quote how OP write this PR

"Click here to see a list of CCCC.xyz and LLLLL.xyz domains available now for standard fees."

I do feel sorry for those "domain name investors" who have paid a lot on such domain names. Although I believe some of them did a very job and have got good profit by selling their portfolios to other investors. :)

•••
To me, the meaning and principle of domain name investment is END USER RULES.

I'll quote how OP write this PR

"Click here to see a list of CCCC.xyz and LLLLL.xyz domains available now for standard fees."

I do feel sorry for those "domain name investors" who have paid a lot on such domain names. Although I believe some of them did a very job and have got good profit by selling their portfolios to other investors. :)
This is strictly a numbers game. You buy 200 or 300 .com names and look for 5 great ones to hit-period.

•••
good luck with your last 2 steps guys.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back