Dynadot

discuss Beyond Dubai: Reem Island, Abu Dhabi. Don't Miss Out!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am going to tell you about a gigantic project going on in Abu Dhabi called Reem Island. This project is so huge 3 of the largest developers in the UAE(Tamouh, Sorouh, and Reem Investments) are building it. It is even bigger than The Pearl Qatar project that appeared in this forum last June.

- Reem Island is a combined residential, commercial and business project being built on a natural island off the coast of Abu Dhabi City and will be directly connected to Abu Dhabi City by a number of bridges. The location of Reem Island is only 20 minutes from Abu Dhabi International Airport.

- Reem Island will accomodate and estimated 280,000 residents. Some estimates go as high as 350,000!!

- Reem Island will contain Numerous hotels, resorts, beaches, spas, shopping malls, restaurants, medical clinics, many, many businesses, a 27 hole golf course, etc., etc.

- Just one of the business projects on Reem Island is Addax Port. By itself Addax is a massive port project which will contain 5 huge towers: an office tower and 4 other residential towers. And this is just one "small" part of Reem Island.

- Of course there will be tons of luxury condos and homes and villas, etc. to accomodate the huge number of residents of Reem Island.

- Reem Island will eventually be the "center" of Abu Dhabi which is the Richest of all the Emirates. Even richer than Dubai.

- Do a google search to get lots more info on Reem Island and here are a few sites to get you started: ReemIsland.com, AddaxPort.com, ReemInvestments.com. There are many more.

- There are still many good names left. I picked up:

ReemIslandProperties.com

ReemProperties.com

...but there are still many more left. As a domainer if you miss out on Reem Island you will never forgive yourself. Good luck and I hope this post was of help to you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I will read this thread some other time, I am just posting basically to bookmark it :)

•••
For the right student, this thread one day could be a fantastic microsociology case study.

•••
Nice to see this thread back again. Construction on Reem Island has been strong and robust just as I had said it would be when I created this thread almost 3 years ago. In fact construction in Abu Dhabi is booming with all their Island Mega Projects being developed at a very fast pace despite the world economy. I am talking about:

Reem Island
YAS Island
Saadiyat Island
Sowwah Island

You can google any one of these and see for yourself. Current construction photos are all over the net. If you go back and read my first few posts on Reem Island and see where it is today, almost 3 years later, you will see that I was almost 100% spot on about this Mega Project.

•••
$$Domainer, I remember you saying thatt about Reem, glad you got it spot on.

So i guess I should keep these...

ReemIslandHotels.com
ReemIslandProperties.com
ReemIslandVillas.com

•••
What is the current status on Reem Island development? Apparently, the official website was hacked. :(

Edit: From information I was able to find, it was said to be completed in 2008. Does anyone have any experiences to share? Or has anyone sold any Reem-related names yet?

Last edited:
•••
That's great news!
I'm glad I held on to these:

reemislandestate.com
alreemislandestate.com
alreemislandproperty.com

•••
•••
Oh, excellent!

Would someone mind teaching me how to "rep" members on this forum? I'd like to pass some out if possible.

Regards,
webdevsys

•••
Don't get too excited yet. Just put your Reem domains in vault for the next 10 years.

•••
As I said 3 years ago Reem Island would be one of the greatest Mega Real Estate Projects ever built and the Crown Jewel of Abu Dhabi and that is exactly what is happening. Back then almost nobody had heard of Reem Island. Now it is known all over the world.

•••
I guess I will hold onto these two for a while.

ReemIslandResort.com
ReemIslandResorts.com

•••
•••
Some good news for Reem Island from thenational.ae

A sense of community and quality of living are dominating the sales market for homes in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, property brokers say.

Dubai Marina and Abu Dhabi’s Al Reem Island have emerged as the top places to buy a home.

Almost two years after the financial crisis sent the country’s overheated property market into downturn, the economy around the sale and purchase of homes is maturing.

In 2008, the price of unfinished homes rose above those of completed villas and apartments – a classic symptom of a speculators’ market.

Now, details developers considered an afterthought in 2007 and 2008 are becoming deal breakers.

More than 40 per cent of the transactions handled by Better Homes in Dubai have been in the Marina, with another 20 per cent just across Sheikh Zayed Road in the lower-rise communities of the Emirates Living area – the Springs, the Lakes, the Meadows, the Greens, Jumeirah Lake Towers and Jumeirah Islands.

Kosta Giannopoulos, the manager of residential sales and leasing at Better Homes, said these two larger areas offered not only a space to call your own, but also a lifestyle. “They have a community feel, good access to leisure such as restaurants and cafes, and established gardens,” Mr Giannopoulos said.

“Properties in these areas were previously unaffordable but now attainable to more people.”

There were few areas in Dubai that showed signs of competing with these established communities. As these areas gain larger populations as part of the migration of residents to better accommodation as prices decline, a “reinforcing cycle occurs where more people gravitate to the most popular areas”, he said.

A similar pattern is in its early phases in Abu Dhabi. While most of the capital’s largest and most modern buildings are still being finished, buyers appear to be preferring those that promise a community experience.

Peter Samaha, a director of Quest Property Services, said the top areas were Marina Square, Sun and Sky Towers, Al Raha Beach, Al Raha Gardens and Al Reef Development.

“There is a large number of people interested in Reem Island, and Marina Square in particular, but they are still a bit hesitant to buy because we are so close to handover they would rather wait and see the finished product,” Mr Samaha said.

Prices in Marina Square have fluctuated between Dh1,150 (US$313) and Dh1,300 a square foot since October last year. While there has been no rise in the number of sales, Mr Samaha said he had been receiving a growing number of inquiries.

A major change has been the rise of end users looking to buy homes to live in. About half of the buyers are end users, with the other half made up of investors looking to rent the apartments out.

Emiratis have been more interested in Al Raha Gardens and Golf Gardens as an investment, where only locals can own properties.

“The properties are very popular amongexpats and are always in demand by tenants,” Mr Samaha said.

“At current market prices, it will be possible to achieve a gross return of 10 to 12 per cent.”

•••
Normally I'm not a big optimist but I have some faith in Al Reem Island.
So as a longterm investment I just regged:

alreemislandproperties.com

which is a nice addition to my other Al Reem domains:

alreemislandproperty.com
alreemislandestate.com
reemislandestate.com

Some of you might find this a bad investment but for only 7 euros per domain per year I don't worry about it.

•••
i only have one reem island domain n its
reemisland dot org
but i dun mind investing another 10 yrs renewing it until a good offers comes by

•••
Don't get too excited yet. Just put your Reem domains in vault for the next 10 years.

Yeah, it might be a while before there's more interest in domains

Sep 14 - UAE tourism boost by 2018

The UAE will account for nearly 86 percent of tourism-related construction projects in the Gulf over the next eight years, it was reported on Sunday.

A study by industry researcher RNCOS found that approximately Dhs858bn ($234bn) is set to be invested in tourism-related construction projects over the next eight years, according to a report by Emirates 24/7.

> article, UAE tourism boost by 2018 - The Knowledge News - TimeOutDubai.com

•••
Gaz, thats good news for good ol UAE, I may just hold onto my Reem Island names for a bit and see what happens.

•••
Sold a Dubai .org for $350, and had a few interested parties on other Dubai domains, there is still a bit of interest but not much, and also only for the high quality generic terms (hotel, holiday, travel etc).

•••
I'm not so sure they'll ever see the value of good .com domains over there, the RAK tourism board dropped raktourism.c(o)m a few weeks back and now its owned by someone in Japan :tri: :zzz:

Some of my names are already 10 years old but not getting many offers, the last offer I got from over there was mid $xxx (final offer), it was for something they will be spending tens of millions of dollars to promote internationally.

Still, there's plenty of good opportunities to develop very usefull targeted websites IMO

Hmmm, Maybe we should have bought number plates instead $$$$$$$$$$$$ :hehe::notme:

Last edited:
•••
I'm not so sure they'll ever see the value of good .com domains over there, the RAK tourism board dropped raktourism.c(o)m a few weeks back and now its owned by someone in Japan

Some of my names are already 10 years old but not getting many offers, the last offer I got from over there was mid $xxx (final offer), it was for something they will be spending tens of millions of dollars to promote internationally.

Still, there's plenty of good opportunities to develop very usefull targeted websites IMO

Hmmm, Maybe we should have bought number plates instead $$$$$$$$$$$$

Gaz, so will they just start ignoring online advertising and websites and use other media platforms to promote themsleves? Maybe they will start using .ae names instead?? I have more interest in my .ae names than in my UAE-related .com names? It might be the quality though?

•••
Gaz, so will they just start ignoring online advertising and websites and use other media platforms to promote themsleves? Maybe they will start using .ae names instead?? I have more interest in my .ae names than in my UAE-related .com names? It might be the quality though?

I think it may be a combination of all the above, they tend to buy football teams, golf courses and things like the Qe2 to get their country noticed internationally :snaphappy: Their interest is running/sponsoring or been seen in high profile events with global TV coverage, golf, football, rallies and the like.

With the name I got an offer on the tourist board registered it in the .ae, although I already owned the .com for a couple of years before them, they obviously don't put much value on the .com...I thought of the name first ;) I think they also own one more that I own the .com in.

I'm pretty sure it's not the quality of my names but I guess we all think our own names are the bees knees sometimes when they're not ;) :imho:

Personally, I think they will go with the .ae if it is available cheap if the .com is taken and I don't think they will pay big bucks for domains....but I sure hope I'm wrong :tu: ..maybe they are waiting to buy the .dubai etc ???

Still, If we ever get around to developing all these meaningfull, intuitive generic .com's/.ae's I do beleive there will be some very good advertising opportunities ahead for us all.

JMHO

Last edited:
•••
Most of my buyers were from the UK having business in the UAE. They know the power of tlds.

•••
very long topic. i have read alot of pages and took me few hours.. though i learned nice info.

•••
My blog, UAE Mega Projects, is still going strong after almost 3 years. Check it out here:

UAE Mega Projects

Anyone else have any blogs going for this region?

•••
I've been reading and reading, regging and deleting and I've basically decided to watch this one from the sidelines. I love geos but this speculative stuff is too nerve wracking for me. I'm only doing .co's so I was checking those and there are some good ones available as of right now if you are a .co/UAE dev. fan

available
alreemisland.co
reemisland.co
alreem.co
saadiyatisland.co
desertislands.co
reemislandrealeastate.co
alreemrealestate.co
etc, etc...basically it's wide open in .co

have fun!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back