Dynadot

Best PPC program for small site?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Jeeps

-You'll Never Walk Alone-Established Member
Impact
I'm relatively new to the domain industry, and I've created a site relevant to my interests Basically, I have less than 100 visitors each day, and my impression numbers are not that high either.

Right now I am in an affiliate program with Commission Junction, but I've only had 8 clicks from over 5k impressions since I joined about 10 days ago.

I'm wondering if I should just do PPC instead of the affiliate program--I'm still waiting on my approval from AdSense (which has been like two months), so I was wondering if anyone had any tips for me in terms of monetizing my traffic. Is there a PPC site that is good for a domain of my stature that you would recommend? I know I'm not going to make much from such low traffic numbers, but it's better than nothing in my eyes.

Hopefully I'm posting in the right section of the forums, there are so many to pick from. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I see you have Adbrite as well. I have tried that and ClickBank and neither have worked for me. I would contact Adsense and see what is taking them so long. Maybe they have decided to not approve you in which case I would work to increase traffic to your site and then wait 30 days and apply again. If you apply again, change your name and address a little so it doesn't look the same but is still accurate.

Some feedback may help, but this is just my personal opinion: Your site looks ok but it is somewhat "busy". When people visit your site, think about what they are going to be seeing and what you WANT them to see.

If you have images and widgets and ads, they are going to ignore most of them unless they really stand out.

If your articles and posts are what people are coming to your site for, don't always or only put ads on top of the content. Make sure then they finish reading there is something there for them to click on.

Your ads are about football, but won't most fans already have tickets and know about betting? If those ads don't work (and you may have to keep trying them or move them to a different location) then try other kinds of offers, like team clothes, big screen TVs, and sports equipment.

After that, think about car ads, dating sites, camcorders, and other electronics that may appeal to sports fans.

Lastly, if you are not adding original content, try that as a way of getting more traffic. One way to do that is to comment on the news and what other people are saying on THEIR blogs.

You are off to a good start, like the rest of us you just need to keep working at it and try different things to figure out what works on your site. Good Luck!

•••
If you don't have much traffic, I would hold off on CJ. If you don't generate a sale within a 6 month span, they start deducting your account $10/month until your next sale or when your account reaches zero and closed.

•••
Affiliate programs can earn MUCH more revenue than PPC because they're higher on the "food chain", so to speak. I generally make anywhere between $xx and $xxx on a single sale - you don't get that in PPC.

The thing is, most people don't do it correctly. Pasting a banner on a page and hoping people click through will on average yield a conversion rate of LESS than 1 in 1000. Usually far less, especially if it's not a well-targeted impulse purchase type item. If you pre-sell a product or service with an article or blog post, your conversion rate will go up, as long as you can target what you promote to the needs and concerns of your audience. (And as long as they are engaged enough with your site to read articles.)

If you don't have much traffic, I would hold off on CJ. If you don't generate a sale within a 6 month span, they start deducting your account $10/month until your next sale or when your account reaches zero and closed.

Two words: "Test Purchase" ;).

Other than that, for PPC Adsense is about the best out there - if you have US traffic and are linking to sports betting sites (illegal in the US) they may decline you for that (read the program policies, esp. the part about allowed/forbidden content), but you still should have gotten a message if they declined your application.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the info everyone...I wasn't declined, the Adsense says I'm still under review. I only put the CJ affiliate ads up there about 10 days ago, and added the AdBrite last night. I'll probably take the betting ads off just to be safe. Thanks again

•••
Yes, take the online betting ads off ASAP.

It's a sure way to get declined for Adsense. You don't want that in your account history should you apply to them again with other sites.

•••
What is your niche?
One of my sites (weight loss) adsense banned and I replaced it with Clickbank. I still can not reach adsense level of earnings. I get twice less with Clickbank.

•••
google adwords & Yahoo are the best PPC program for small site.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back