Dynadot

Best Escrow company for 6 figure transactions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ogspeedsite

Impact
Hello everyone

I have used Escrow.com for several years without any issues and i sold numerous websites via Escrow in the 6 figure range, however it seems that the service has changed based on what a lot of people are saying on this forum, from asking for Id verification to delay in payments and so on.. ( the last time i used their service was in 2017 i think , so i can't say how it is now. )
I am now looking for an alternative to use and was wondering if you guys can recommend any other companies to sell a website or domain name in the 6 figure range? if yes which one ?

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think there's a lot to be said about proper vetting of buyers especially ID Verification.

I don't think it is "meant" to delay payments. I think it is "meant" to protect you the seller and Escrow themselves in case the buyer is fake or even scary using a stolen debit card or credit card.

I think you would not find much out there as far as options. I'd throw in Escrow.domains.

I did one transaction with them and although it took a long time to finish. IT DID FINISH.

The waiting really causes anxiety.

Right now you can purchase 100 credit and debit card numbers on the Dark Web for a reasonable price. Each one with around $5,000-$10,000 (I'm guessing) or even $100,000 limits.

not exactly sure how someone using this method could get away with getting a domain but the buyer could try to sell the domain for cheap like half. and once that buyer pays. and thief gets the cash wired they can disappear.

So say they buy a debit card with say $100,000 on it for $200 and then bought a domain with it for $100,000 and in the meantime already had a buyer for it for $50,000.

how much did the thief make? Do the math.

I would not even know who is on the hook for those refunds. but I'm sure Escrow or any other Escrow company would be on the hook for that money somehow or at the very least a huge headache.

Plus Escrow.com could be liable to a lawsuit.

But of course don't quote me as I am no lawyer.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back