NameSilo

Best domain register and domain DNS management?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi,
So which domain register and domain DNS management do you prefer?

Currently I use NameCheap.com to register my domains and use Cloudflare DNS Management.

Regards.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Dynadot + Cloudflare is the best. Unless you care to run your own dns. If you want to use a registrar's DNS service, Dynadot will come out on top in terms of options.

Then there's easydns. They offer some options, if you use them for both registration and DNS, which are unavailable at others.

Namecheap is a decent option, as is epik. The only thing I don't like at Epik is that they schedule updates so they're not instant. Solid setup though.

Avoid using your registrar's DNS when possible. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

•••
Dynadot + Cloudflare is the best. Unless you care to run your own dns. If you want to use a registrar's DNS service, Dynadot will come out on top in terms of options.

Then there's easydns. They offer some options, if you use them for both registration and DNS, which are unavailable at others.

Namecheap is a decent option, as is epik. The only thing I don't like at Epik is that they schedule updates so they're not instant. Solid setup though.

Avoid using your registrar's DNS when possible. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

I don't gonna use register DNS or my own DNS as I prefer Cloudflare for this work. (It's works awesome, update very fast)

Just curious, why Dynadot is better then NameCheap?

Regards.

•••
How about using the same hosting as your registrar, or is that even worse?

•••
I don't gonna use register DNS or my own DNS as I prefer Cloudflare for this work. (It's works awesome, update very fast)

Just curious, why Dynadot is better then NameCheap?

Regards.

Both on the DNS and registrar side they (Dynadot) provide more options and have better security measures in place.

And yes I agree, can't fault Cloudflare. Their free tier is great, if you have the option to indulge yourself and opt for a business account they're golden :)

•••
How about using the same hosting as your registrar, or is that even worse?

Same kind of bad. Depends on your registrar/host. Not worse or better but if you can avoid it I wouldn't recommend it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back