Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 1, 2026.

Best/Cheapest Dedicated

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Kodeking

Established Member
Impact
11
I'm going to need a dedicated server pretty soon for gamedose.com because its pumping out 300mb per day and its growing REALLY fast.

Could I get some ideas on the cheapest, but good quality dedicated servers.

Any cheap unmetered transfer servers?
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
im gettting one from managed.com to test it out
 
0
•••
I have one from managed.com... im me on aim to ask me questions if you need it :)
 
0
•••
server4you.com is cheap
 
0
•••
I would try server4you but they have amd servers and my uncle says they arent good for servers cause they get too heated
 
0
•••
rackshack.net

or even better, get a reseller account. they are like 30 bucks for a gazillion gigs
 
0
•••
0
•••
0
•••
Those are a great deal then!
 
0
•••
ServerMatrix.com
 
0
•••
I've heard good things about Servermatrix (they are semi managed). Rackshack is good for unmanaged. What level of management do you need? It's important that you take that into consideration.
 
0
•••
Now that I think about it, I am almost possitive that the rackshack virtual hosting is right for what i need. The site needs almost no space, but tons of bandwidth. Unlimited is the way to go here. Thanks to everyone for thier ideas.
 
0
•••
be sure that your site doesnt get too heavy or rackshack will force you to get a server
 
0
•••
Originally posted by Elefekt
be sure that your site doesnt get too heavy or rackshack will force you to get a server

Do you know what they consider heavy?
 
0
•••
well if you use too much resources like this forum would need a server. if you use too much memory and slow down the server then you probably need a dedicated one. I think if you going to have about 150 or more users on the forums at once then youre gonna need a server.
 
0
•••
0
•••
Originally posted by Elefekt
I would try server4you but they have amd servers and my uncle says they arent good for servers cause they get too heated

Sorry, but I must say that your uncle may have a point if your running servers from your home. s4y happens to run cooling systems in their datacentre. I currently have several DUAL servers through them. Run faster than any P4 would! (that's just my opinion because I own 3 of them... but don't take my word for it, take it from your uncle because he's always right.)

RL
 
0
•••
and check if the server is managed or umanaged when thinking of getting one
 
0
•••
0
•••
Ive heard many nice things about www.ServerMatrix.com lately.

They use The Planet's data center and I used to keep about 40 servers there. They were very professional, affordable, and reliable. Go with them.
 
0
•••
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back