NameSilo

Best affiliate tracking software

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi there,

I have someone interested in acting as an affiliate to my website. What is the best affiliate tracking website available for doing this?

thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Are you looking for a site/company that runs an affiliate network or for software to run an affiliate program in-house?

Both have pros and cons. Running the program in-house is cheaper (I'm sure there's free software out there), but many affiliates won't trust an in-house program of a company they don't know and won't sign with you. You'll also have to do your own work making people aware that you have a program.

If you're looking for an affiliate network, there's Shareasale. There's a setup fee ($500?) and a minimum of sales ($25?) per month and they also take a percentage of the sales. Not dirt-cheap, but reasonable - they have an excellent reputation and are considered one of the top networks by serious affiliates.

There are cheaper programs like Clixgalore ($75 setup fee?), but I personally don't recommend them and know that some merchants have reported negative experiences with them. A search for "affiliate network" will turn up other small networks but you'll always be trading off your costs vs reliability and and the ability to attract the kind of affiliates who will successfully promote your products.

Last edited:
•••
Someone offered to promote my site and wanted commission anytime anyone bought a product from my site. What would you say was the best way to do this? Dont really want to pay much, if any since its only 1 person who wants to do this.

Cheers

•••
Entry level program at shareasale really is about the cheapest you can get, especially considering visibility there will gain you dozens, maybe a thousand affiliates over the next year.

Less than a grand, and their tools are terrific, allowing an affiliate to generate pages of your program's items within a few clicks of the mouse. They generate the code you need to place in your checkout process and thank you page, they just make it easy.

Plus, they filter out a lot of the questionable affiliates before they get a chance to join your program, they have good quality control over that side of the business.

•••
That Shareasale is worth a look.

In the meantime, is there a site where only one or two people can be my affiliate? I want to see how well this can work before forking out 4 figures :)

Rep added for the advice so far :tu:

•••
shareasale can also be by approval only...no one gets in unless you approve the application.

•••
i need an affiliate software to you can use to track your jv partners pls someone help me

•••
iDevAffiliate is the best affiliate tracking software. You can check it on google to proofe. I have been reviewed this software on my blog.....

•••
i'd go for Shareasale. I've read good reviews for their affiliate tracking service.

•••
thanks for suggest idevaffiliate, i will surely try that out

•••
DT system maybe help you

•••
i will also go for Shareasale, as it is the cheapest affiliate tracking service and one of my friend is also using this affiliate tracking service.

•••
can u suggest me one please? I am really interested in it

•••
Shareasale is the best low cost network.

iDevAffiliate, PostAffiliatePro and JRox are popular affiliate tracking software programs that are all low cost.

•••
It looks a bit fashioned and old-school programming but idevaffiliate works well for one of our clients' sites.

•••
You could also implement your own cookie-based affiliate system. It does not take a lot of coding to do so.
If you are not a programmer, I would hire someone to do so. It is way cheaper than joining an affiliate network.

•••
For me Shareasale is the best choice,coz i have heard lot about it.

•••
iDevAffiliate is the best affiliate tracking software. You can check it on google to proofe. I have been reviewed this software on my blog.....

I agree, I have been using iDevAffiliate software for about 2 weeks so far like what I have seen so far. It's stable which is a big plus. Plenty of options to satisfy every type of affiliate out there.

•••
same here i would suggest Shareasale to get started.

•••
There is no "best" affiliate software

Hey Kev this thread is getting a bit old so maybe you could update us on what you ended up doing?

In general there is no "best" affiliate software in fact it sounds like you wanted a quick and cheap system to try it out w/ 1 affiliate. It's probably worth spending a few bucks to at least get a reasonable platform even if it's just for 1 partner - they all start with one :).

But there's absolutely no need to join a network at this time if you're not even serious about starting a full blown affiliate program.

Remember that the cost of starting an affiliate program isn't just the software/network fees. There's much more to it than picking up some code and slapping it on your site:
- recruiting affiliates
- managing them
- motivating them
- firing them, detecting fraud
- handling payouts, questions about payment
- establishing and enforcing policies
- proactively marketing the program
- keeping up to date with the latest industry news, policies, trends
- attending affiliate trade shows e.g. Affiliate Summit, AdTech, and others (niche dependent)

BR,
Peter

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back