Dynadot

.tv "Bergen dot TV"

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
what do you think about "Bergen dot TV"?

I got an $500 offer for it via email only 10 hours after registration (from an european company using a 2-letter .tv as their web address),
shoud I sell it at this price in your opinion??

Thanks!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Send a quick counter offer of $3500 as your selling price. Most business has this budget ready for advertising or domain buying use.

good luck.
em

•••
fleaking said:
what do you think about "Bergen dot TV"?
I got an $500 offer for it via email only 10 hours after registration (from an european company using a 2-letter .tv as their web address),
shoud I sell it at this price in your opinion?? Thanks!!
Was this by any chance a company form The Netherlands?
If so, I think I know the company.

Bergen is a town in Holland, it's a small town, but many rich people live there and it's also a tourist destination.

Not sure if you like to reveal the companies name, but if you like I can do a little search for you as I live part of the year in The Netherlands and only 5 minutes driving from Bergen :hehe:
You can also PM me if you like.

If you like to keep everything private (very understandable), I would change your counter offer to Euro's (the currency in Europe, people feel comfordable with it and you get much more dollars for your euro's lately) and try to settle for around EUR 4,000 (around $5,400).

Good luck, John.

•••
johntv said:
Was this by any chance a company form The Netherlands?
If so, I think I know the company.

Bergen is a town in Holland, it's a small town, but many rich people live there and it's also a tourist destination.

Not sure if you like to reveal the companies name, but if you like I can do a little search for you as I live part of the year in The Netherlands and only 5 minutes driving from Bergen :hehe:
You can also PM me if you like.

If you like to keep everything private (very understandable), I would change your counter offer to Euro's (the currency in Europe, people feel comfordable with it and you get much more dollars for your euro's lately) and try to settle for around EUR 4,000 (around $5,400).

Good luck, John.
Hi John!
thanks for your help & suggestions!
yes! that was from The Netherlands, actually I have countered him with an $8,000 offer (I am too greedy, hehe... :alien: ), but he said that I just registered it and cost only $25.... I guess $500 may be his highest offer for this domain name.. :td:

•••
The fact he says you registered it for $25 means nothing.
If wanted to reg it for that fee - they should have done so before you. Sounds to me like they are a little p*ssed off that you registered the name before them.

If you think you can hold out for more than $500, then do so. As it's not a premium reg, then renewal fees shouldnt be a real problem.

Good luck, and keep us informed what happens.

Alex

P.S - Santorini.tv is a great name !! I was wondering who regged that one !!

•••
WOW I always used to look for Bergen it was regged. It is a city in Norway besides Holland

•••
fleaking said:
Hi John!
yes! that was from The Netherlands, actually I have countered him with an $8,000 offer (I am too greedy, hehe... :alien: ), but he said that I just registered it and cost only $25.... I guess $500 may be his highest offer for this domain name.. :td:

Tell him you will knock five dollars off the price for the research he did on you!!

Great negotiator that guy is.....

•••
Fleaking, any update on this? I hope you will be sharing some good news with us!

•••
fleaking said:
Hi John!

My respones would be:

"And?"

•••
Showbiz said:
My respones would be:

"And?"

I agree with showbiz that registration cost does not matter sometimes.

Fleaking, you were able to find a good name before anybody else have, and you took the initiative to register it. Why didn't that company find it before you if it was only a reg fee? If you think that the offer is too low, I think you shouldn't take it (unless you really needed some money right now).
Best wishes on your sale :)

•••
SKG said:
Fleaking, any update on this? I hope you will be sharing some good news with us!
HI SKG,
I got no response from them in last few days....
:td:

thanks mrdomainman :)

•••
Its the typical response you see it on domain forums too, oh you just regged it I am not paying you $100 for something that you just regged for $7. I don't know why guess it is the jealousy factor but I know a poll on DNF more people voted they would not be interested in something just registered. I disagree a name can drop like this one did, I looked for Bergen many a time its a good domain you will find another buyer IMO

•••
•••
Bergen.TV ended at sedo auction with $750, only 1 bid...
I thought I could gain more than $750 for this gem :(
sigh....

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back