Dynadot

Been sued over a tradmarked MOBI domain name.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Please close thread.

Please close thread, decision has been made with domain name.

thank you

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
psalzmann Read this please :

http://www.namepros.com/340680-dns-research-inc-vs-enom-verisign-2.html#post2025486

My "personal" policy is NOT to Delete anything ... It's safer for everyone in the long run. I do move threads to private sometimes as per OP's request ... But generally that is a Dated Sales thread (Year old ++).

Not to mention - The Attorney(s) and Experienced Members who do come in here to Volunteer their Comments and Opinions shouldn't have to answer the same questions over and over ... Many Answers are already here if people would just search rather than post a new thread each time.

Threads such as this are in fact a learning experience for Everyone IMO ~

•••
•••
Congratulations on a happy ending connections, and in making the pro choice.

Onwards and upwards

•••
Hey "connection" - it's against the rules of most all forums to "break the connection" - meaning to run around later and write "close thread," "content edited out" or "erased post." It's also known as flagrant abuse of the editing function. In other words, to try to hide and cover up all of your previous comments. You need to be able to stand by your words and take it like a man if you're wrong.

But don't worry, before you did your "close de thread" routine, many of us "cut and pasted de thread" for our archives. So all of your old comments STILL exist somewhere, and always will. So you DID learn something after all. Have a nice day.

•••
And I don't appreciate other members advising him that he should do just that, but I guess that's what I get for not closing the thread - sure "learned" me ;)

-Allan :gl:

•••
Can people please stop posting in this thread, I was advised by the moderation team here to edit out my posts, because they seem un-able to close or delete threads for some reason, yet they seem to be able to lock threads and unlock them.

Once again I understand you cant totally delete this thread but can you atl east LOCK it. Because I am sick of posts in here, like I said this case is over, their is no room for further discussion. But if people want future reference then lock it they can still read it I just don't want this thread been bumped up every day.

Thank you for your time.

And like I said case is closed, the legal team in this case has advised me not to further discuss this matter this is why I am trying to get this closed or locked.

•••
connections said:
Because I am sick of posts in here
Then stop reading this thread.

Last edited:
•••
Maybe this should become a sticky?

•••
ugh something wierd here... sorry my bad :)

Last edited:
•••
what`s this drama all about?

I even wasted time to give you an advice......and you can`t even share the name ? If you have surrendered to Telstra what`s the problem then?

I`m very disappointed mate.

•••
connections said:
...the legal team in this case has advised me not to further discuss this matter

Click Thread tools > Unsubscribe from this thread.

•••
AdoptableDomains said:
Click Thread tools > Unsubscribe from this thread.
I was actually trying to find that but couldn't, probably too tired. Thanks. :D

•••
italiandragon said:
what`s this drama all about?

I even wasted time to give you an advice......and you can`t even share the name ? If you have surrendered to Telstra what`s the problem then?

I`m very disappointed mate.

Thanks for your advice but it would have just landed me with more problems if I did what you advised me to do.

Sure I think a lot of people are making me sounds like this massive bad guy here, but the fact of the matter is their were a lot of possible outcomes for this case and the fact of the matter is that I should have researched some posts on here in more depth before acting.

Sure their are some great resources here, sorry for sounding negative here I guess I am still new to this business of domains in part, I have only been into domains for 2-3 years yet like I stated I have made some big sales XX,XXX and also had some losses like this one for example.

I think we just need to move on from this fact sure I have made some mistakes and I have now dealt with them.

Thank you.

•••
connections said:
Thanks for your advice but it would have just landed me with more problems if I did what you advised me to do.

Sure I think a lot of people are making me sounds like this massive bad guy here, but the fact of the matter is their were a lot of possible outcomes for this case and the fact of the matter is that I should have researched some posts on here in more depth before acting.

Sure their are some great resources here, sorry for sounding negative here I guess I am still new to this business of domains in part, I have only been into domains for 2-3 years yet like I stated I have made some big sales XX,XXX and also had some losses like this one for example.

I think we just need to move on from this fact sure I have made some mistakes and I have now dealt with them.

Thank you.

I`m sorry to insist but I don`t understand you.

You are saying you had a loss here. Which loss? You hand-regged a name on bad faith and Telstra payed you $150. I call that a gain.

Also, I see no issues at all letting us know what name was so that we can understand how right or bad Telstra has been. They have got the name and I can`t see how you can`t share the end of this story.

•••
Being in Australia and registering Telstra names is like being in the US and registering Microsoft ones.

•••
dragon, never ask someone reveal a domain if they don't want to. It is their risk, not yours. You never here the veterns here ask for it, and with good reason. That is why many times we try to cover all possible senarios at times. Yes, it makes things easier, but we are here to HELP people, revealing hte name could hurt them.

Connections - As far as I can remember, no one here called you a bad guy. Maybe naive or misinformed, but there are many others like that too. That is why we try to help as much as possible. Believe it or not, but this thread can really help someone new to the business or someone who has been in the business but did not really dive into the legal aspects. (as does the many other posts here in legals). Myself and many others help (including some well respected domain attorneys) wihtout asking for anything in return. We do it for the love of the business and hope we can give knowledge to people truly interested in learning. Keep in mind, we have no vested interest in any of the questions here, just a desire to help. I think many people benefited from this thread (and hopefully you did to).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back