IT.COM

Be careful > Eric16 is a scammer ! Full story ...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
After a week and some investigations, I'm now sure I can post the whole story here on how "Eric16" (a member of this and other forums) scammed me.

He's cooperating with a guy having [email protected] as AIM (stolen account of course). He steals AOL accounts to resell them as good screennames, he can steal any domain registered under an @Aol.com account so don't use such emails in your whois or important staff, ever !

To tell the truth, he tries to steal and resell anything associated to @aol.com accounts of whom he takes full control and he does that by using diff. screennames to identify himself.
He identify himself as "Eric16" to give a positive reference of himself, as member of multiple forums while other times he affirms to be just a friend of Eric16.

Nobody will stop his activity, he's now online on AIM (online since several days, fulltime connected), he proposed me to buy sold.net, shadow.net and other domains I can't recall to my mind now, any domain use diff. registrant data but all the admin emails are on @aol.com ... Obviously, to avoid any possible suspect, he doesn't change the original registrant data and he pushes the domain to the victim accounts probably directly from the original acct so these registrants have no way to stop him until he'll not have sold and pushed away their domains.

Now my question is: how nobody investigates about him and how can he continues to go ahead with such fraudolent activity and staying connected online fulltime with no intervention/investigation from AOL/FBI or any other competent authority ? This's not justice !

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

The story in brief: on 16-Oct a guy came in our chat at DnEmpire.com proposing us to buy these names at USD 1,000 in bulk ... I suspected they might have been stolen, I checked whois updated last time on April 2010 so I believed to his good faith without thinking (stupidly) to email to their admin contact. He pushed the names before getting the payment so I had no reason to suspect a fraud until Dotster took them back the day after.

Names were:
dyu.net
dyu.org
nolemons.com
quy.net
qyu.net
ruy.org
shj.net
tattle.net
tuy.net
we-deal.com
wyu.org
yrw.net
yyu.org
zyu.net

The first problem is I changed whois once received, I've contacted Dotster explaining the situation but they didn't change whois back so far, we're now risking to be accused to have stolen (or tried to steal them) in a next future, we'll contact them again to impose an immediate whois change.

I opened a dispute at paypal and immediately after I got an email coming from Eric16 (the scammer) but I didn't close it yet and now I'll ask to paypal to verify his identity so, even if I'll not get my money back, he'll never get it as well.

***Eric16 message
I am sorry, I am very sick to my stomach that my friend is scammer.. I got these from my friend. I didn't know that these domains were stolen. I will refund $ back to you since I don't want to be labeled scammer.. I hate scammers along like you. I will take care of this asap and I will have a talk with these people I dealt with. I am going to cut them off.

You know I put my pic on DNF and namepros and i give out my info so that way they can see Im legitmate. I will fully refund 1,000 back to you and Im very very very sorry about that... Scammers is ZERO TOLERANCE for me. Im very upset right now. I am in shock that I thought I trusted these people but I guess not.

All I can say is that Im really sorry about that and please give me couple days to refund you $ and see, I gave you my contact and stuff to get ahold of me, please please get ahold of me when you can. I am really sad right now. I

Look at my feedbacks for dnform and namepros .. all of em are positive and none negative.. I never have experience like that before. Its my first time now. It sure slapped my face hard.

Eric

I waited for 8 days for a refund but he never got back to me until now.
Now I can publicly affirm with no possible doubt that Eric16 is a scammer, stay away from him.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Reason why I never care much for this kind of thread is that I do not know the character of the person personally and do not know if he beat you to an auction so are trying to sabotage him for the future or anything. All I have is your word against his but there is a definite moral here to take away...never do any kind of business with anyone who claims to be a "friend" of another without making sure from someone you know well and respect.

If Eric said he knew "Random Man 01" I would be thinking, "so what??! Who is RM01??!" If he said he knew Johname or UsualCliche or Firefly then after a short conversation with them I would get to know the truth. Never take a recommendation from some random person on the street but instead look to what people who have been around say, and that takes a long time to build up, we were all new once and all have to start at the bottom.

In short, do not do big orders with someone you do not know and have no way of checking out.

•••
The guy who was selling Travster.net here a month or 2 ago was bragging about how his friend has "[email protected]"
:|

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back