Dynadot

.tv BasicCable.tv

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

SKG

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
BasicCable is nice name !!!

basiccable.tv is good !!!

X$ !!!!

•••
•••
SKG said:
... what is X$?

$1.00 - $9.00+/-, IMHO. :gl:

Best of Luck.
-Jeff B-)

•••
Update: BasicCable.TV got accepted today at GreatDomains.

•••
SKG said:
Update: BasicCable.TV got accepted today at GreatDomains.
I was going to say, it should fetch an asking price of at least $5k. Although it seems like GD is accepting just about any .tv lately.

•••
Not so sure, from NP posts a lot are getting rejected. Although I have submitted around 6 of which 2 has been rejected, 2 accepted and two I have not heard from in a week.

CultClassics.tv-accepted
BasicCable.tv accepted
CultClassic.tv rejected
ChildrensClassics.tv rejected
FamilyClassics.tv-no word back in a week
SportsClassics.tv-no word back in a week
Bulgarian.tv-have not submitted yet
Reserve.tv-have not submitted yet

•••
fonzie_007 said:
I was going to say, it should fetch an asking price of at least $5k. Although it seems like GD is accepting just about any .tv lately.

I agree about the number of .TV listings lately in part. I agree with the numbers being up. But I think they are preparing for the "A la Carte" media blitz in the near future. vod, iptv, ppv and others will see a new market emerge soon. It can all be changed in a pen stroke....well several hundred pen strokes.
Each .tv will be a channel, visual media product or service. PC's and TV's will become one unit.As will TV, Cable and net broadcasters. (poor radio :'( ) TV broadcasters saw what happened with Napster and file sharing. TV/Cable will join the race and in fact be on the forefront. Cable and TV have the "web" at the back door and will open it soon. The last thing they want to hear is "share the pipes" (wire) and end up like phone, long distance and cell/mobile service providers in a propetual circus act of promotional gimmicks and "fine print traps" we all hate, love, hate, love, hate. :imho:

Bring on "A la Carte" programming.
Bring on;

classicsports.tv
childrensclassics.tv
sports.tv
finance.tv
healthycooking.tv
sexystuffforthewife.tv :o

:santa: Happy Safe Holidays
namenut

•••
*.tv

Namenut,
Those are some great names. Congrats!

Last edited:
•••
Time Period

SKG,
For your newer domains that you have obtained, isn't there a waiting period before you sell them? How does Great Domains work with the whole contract setup on listing a domain?

Thanks,
Ammudamus

•••
Ammudamus, I called godaddy and explained the situation to them and according to them if I sold my .tv I could push it. They told me there was no waiting period so I hope not. Maybe someone here at NP can clarify. As far as the contract they is send is around 4 or 5 pages and if you agree their suggested price you sign and return. You can still list elsewhere to sell while being listed on GD. The contract is for 6 months whereby GD works as a dual agent for buyer and seller, much like in real estate with permission of both parties.

•••
Transferring of Domains

SKG,
Interesting. I am assuming you are only obligated to pay the 10% of the final sales price to GD for their portion. How exactly is GD coming up with the value of these domains? Do you have any development or just selling for name? Thanks for the feedback.

-Ammudamus

•••
Ammudamus, that is correct they charge 10% which includes the escrow fees. No idea what process they use to come up with domain values, see the active thread on acceptions and rejections on NP. In answer to develpment, I have not plans to develop these names at this time. Hope that helps.

•••
Waiting Period for *.TV

Any follow ups on whether the transfer of a *.TV can happen immediately or if there is a waiting period?

Thanks,
Ammudamus

•••
Ammudamus said:
Any follow ups on whether the transfer of a *.TV can happen immediately or if there is a waiting period?

Thanks,
Ammudamus

I asked Godaddy, and they said that ICANN's rule state that a registrar cannot push a newly purchased domain (any extension) for 60 days. However Godaddy said that if the buyer has a Godaddy account then they can "probably push it." If you have a sale withing the 60 day period the buyer will just have to wait. Hope this helps.

•••
Update: Accepted at Great Domains, 10K

•••
SKG said:
Update: Accepted at Great Domains, 10K

^ Congrats! :tu:

v Whoa, should also be interesting to watch to see where in ends up :$: in '06, IMHO. :talk:

Jeff said:
$1.00 - $9.00+/-, IMHO. :gl:

Happy Holidays! :santa:
-Jeff B-)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back