Domain Empire

Banned from AdSense....

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I had Adsense on one domain. Its a forum I put together but never did anything with.

All my other domains are parked at Sedo.

The forum site had an RSS feed that posted a few times a day. I had it set to email me if there ever was a post. The last month or so I have been getting spammers out the wazzo. I deleted them and blocked the IP blocks of said spammers since it is on a VPS.

I have gotten like 2 checks from Adsense in the YEARS I have had an account, last one was 2 or 3 years ago or more. The other day I got an email telling me they blocked my account for invalid clicks. I appealed and was shot down.

Screw them I'll do what I was thinking about and start my adult forum site.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What have you really lost?

There will come a day when adsense will be only for the heavy hitters.
And no more little sites and sites with little to no traffic.
No more MFA sites and blogs.

That day will be a great day!

I believe you should go for an adult forum.
I would not do something adult anymore (or until I change my mind).

•••
I have gotten like 2 checks from Adsense in the YEARS I have had an account, last one was 2 or 3 years ago or more.

Have to agree with iowadawg - what have you really lost :-/? If it's been years since your balance got to $100 it doesn't seem to me like it was the right program for your site(s)...

•••
Have to agree with iowadawg - what have you really lost :-/? If it's been years since your balance got to $100 it doesn't seem to me like it was the right program for your site(s)...

True, but nobody wants to get BANNED.

•••
Not saying it doesn't suck to be banned (and I apologize for my less-than-sympathetic tone), but if it incites the OP into doing something to get better earnings, it could be a blessing in disguise.

Any time you notice weird traffic or earnings on a site running Adsense it's not a bad idea to disable it while you figure out what's going on and if you think it's affecting your clicks, tell them before they tell you. I had a good scare last Fall when one of my sites all of a sudden took a big jump in earnings, but it turned out to be a legitimate increase in traffic to a section of the site.

I know it's not easy to be that proactive on a "dormant" site ... bad traffic is always a risk with Adsense, when in doubt they'll protect the advertisers over the publishers. Unfortunately in this case NOT having much of a history with them and then suddenly getting a lot of clicks must have looked fishy to them.

•••
One of the problems with getting banned from Adsense is you now can't use GAN, Google Affiliate Network. If you were using it currently or wanted to in the future. Really horrible way that Google does that.

•••
It doesnt really bother me. I last logged into my Adsense account over 2 years ago I believe.

I am working 10 hours a night 6 nights a week. I just dont really have the time to run and take care of a site like I would like.

Its just the fact I never cheated with them and to be accused of cheating that sucks. And now if I would get the time to make and run sites I cant use them anymore. I feel like I have been stabbed in the back. Its so bad that I am thinking of taking the hit from Sprint to drop my Android phone and buyng an iPhone. If I knew for sure Google was making anything from me I would drop it tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

Oh one more thing I checked my logs for the last few months.. besides the spammers siging up and posting theres only hits from Yahoo and Google bots. Would be funny if it was their own bot hitting their own ads....

How the logs kinda looked...

Yahoo bot x 50
spammer signup
spammer post
Google bot x 75
Yahoo bot x 25
Google bot x 15
spammer signup
etc.....
So unless the spammer is signing up then posting then clicking the ads over and over....

•••
Adsense hates forums/comment areas that are spammed next to google ads. It lowers ad quality score. Add hardly even logging in to your account along with a "dead" forum and its not surprising they dont even want to discuss it.

•••
Easy there big boy... these are words you never want in print, even as a joke.

I suggest you edit your post, (and I will edit mine as well) ;)

Peace,
Cy

Last edited:
•••
I must agree with Cyberian. You can get in serious trouble for that kind of statemants.I know how you feel beacouse I was in the same situation. If somebody does not like you he can put your adsense out with numerous methods. Even account from my grandmother was put out :) Don't Let the Man Get You Down

Best

•••
Whew... I see juk edited his post...
So did I :)

•••
I also got banned last week .. I have had acct with since 2007 and was not a great program for me anyway. I don't know what happened and I don't miss them. I agree that no one wants to get banned ,But there is always another ad company who will be happy to put ads on your site.. Till they get picky .

Good Luck

•••
But the bad thing is vBulletin now comes with adsense built in if you so choose to use them. Now I can not. But I do have an idea running in my head.. maybe it will get me off my lazy rear lol

•••
I don't think AdSense banned publisher as they used to be. Now they have better techniques to detect invalid clicks I guess. They audit all clicks every 24 hours.

One reason why I don't use AdSense for forums is we can't control the content always. There is spammer problem and also even regular members could post crazy things time to time.

•••
The forum site had an RSS feed that posted a few times a day. I had it set to email me if there ever was a post.

It is against Adsense terms and conditions to use their adverts on a website that has no original content and takes content from other places, like your RSS feed.You say it was due to invalid clicks, but even if you did not have invalid clicks, your forum still goes against Adsense terms and condition.

I always report people who steal my blog content replicating it with an RSS feed to their site, and in a matter of days I can see their Adsense accounts terminated, I have already terminated the Adsense account of three people for doing that. I don't run a free copyright blog.

•••
It is against Adsense terms and conditions to use their adverts on a website that has no original content and takes content from other places, like your RSS feed.You say it was due to invalid clicks, but even if you did not have invalid clicks, your forum still goes against Adsense terms and condition.

I always report people who steal my blog content replicating it with an RSS feed to their site, and in a matter of days I can see their Adsense accounts terminated, I have already terminated the Adsense account of three people for doing that. I don't run a free copyright blog.

Hmmm, this is an old thread you reopened.
I'm glad you did!!!
You have made a great point here, although I dont think the OP was guilty of this, per se,
the G! TOS are very specific about these matters.

Peace,
Cyberian

•••
How do google knows which one is the original?

•••
Google can not tolerate invalid clicks and ban account soon if they find invalid clicks.

•••
How do google knows which one is the original?

The obvious answer is by the timestamp and source of the content when it was first crawled. Of course, this can't possibly be the only thing they go by. Metrics which assess the trustworthiness of the source could be another factor.

There are also Google patents/papers on identifying "near duplicates" (content "spun" from the original)

They still make mistakes, but imo they're getting better.

Last edited:
•••
Sad to say the truth but Google has been banning accounts for little to no reason now. I have seen lots of testimonials, or should I say horror stories into which they told the whole story on how innocent they were when suddenly their Adsense account is banned.

I feel bad about what happened to you but I guess you should just move on and forget about adsense for now.

Zidane

•••
I had my application for an account declined because I applied too early. As a result even though my website is full of fresh content and is PR2, no PR when I applied it looks like I can no longer apply...

However I see it as somewhat of a blessing in disguise. Now I am forced to find more lucrative ways to monetize my site and it looks far more appealing without that junk to my readers.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back