IT.COM

new gtlds Banks that moved to .Bank and shortened their URL

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
These are a few banks that moved to .BANK extension and shortened their url.
I think it was a good decision :

EXISTING DOMAIN -> JUST REGISTERED

MOUNTAINPACIFICBANK.COM -> MP.BANK
ANDOVERBANKOHIO.COM -> AB.BANK
BANKERSBANKUSA.COM -> BB.BANK
JDBANK.COM -> JD.BANK
EFIRSTBANKUSA.COM -> FB.BANK
BANKNORTHSHORE.COM -> NS.BANK
PEOPLESBANK-MS.COM -> PB.BANK

Source

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think we will see the same happen when .doctor launches too.

•••
•••
None are resolving ?

as long as domainers are buying it doesn't matter I guess ;)

The registries are making money as long as it seems that end-users are moving to nGTLDs. Who cares what is actually happening?

Last edited:
•••
•••

The registries are making money as long as it seems that end-users are moving to nGTLDs. Who cares what is actually happening?

Get your facts correct, domainers can't buy .bank, what are you talking about?

•••
Well if you'd read the article they were just registered. PB, created 9/15/16.

Which leads to the question why the headlines is: Banks are moving to bank.

They could have bought them as a Twitter URL shortener or as a protective registration etc.

Nowhere I can find a statement that they intend to move their homepage.

•••
Well if you'd read the article they were just registered. PB, created 9/15/16.
I read the article. Why make a PR about domains that are not even resolving?
So I suppose it's defensive registrations. At best they will be used as URL shorteners to forward to the .com.

•••
Get your facts correct, domainers can't buy .bank, what are you talking about?

As long as we have the nGTLDs in the news and every small fart that is happening on an nGTLD is blasted all over the media, some domainers will have the impression that there is a lot of action in nGTLDs and will invest in them. The same applies to end-users as well.

In reality very little is happening, That is why we see these hype stories.

Last edited:
•••
This is like discussing .gov , .edu and .mil... They're out of reach of domainers.

•••
I read the article. Why make a PR about domains that are not even resolving?
So I suppose it's defensive registrations. At best they will be used as URL shorteners to forward to the .com.

Wow you and your sidekick @dordomai are like two peas in a pod and look down at any news pertaining to new g's. Hell give it time to see what they do and then come back and say what they're doing. Geesh!

•••

Obviously you, who spend countless hours spamming every new gTLD thread with your feelings towards them.

Last edited:
•••
Hell give it time to see what they do and then come back and say what they're doing. Geesh!
Exactly, until then the title is somewhat misleading and it's just PR spin from a registrar. Not newsworthy.

•••
Exactly, until then the title is somewhat misleading and it's just PR spin from a registrar. Not newsworthy.

Actually it is news, until you and your sidekick Tonto chill and see what's done with these domains your remarks are just new gTLD hate.

Relax.. ;)

•••
Actually it is news, until you and your sidekick Tonto chill and see what's done with these domains your remarks are just new gTLD hate.

Relax.. ;)

so if forum members point out obvious BS hype they are are labeled haters or worse.

resembles a cult.

•••
so if forum members point out obvious BS hype they are are labeled haters or worse.

resembles a cult.

Whats the hype Tonto, the domains were just registered. Why not wait and see what happens with them? Everyone here knows you spam every gTLD thread as mentioned above.

There have been other reports, news about banks using this new g and I'm sure some are live.

You didn't even know it was restricted to just banks. -_-

•••
Whats the hype Tonto, the domains were just registered. Why not wait and see what happens with them?

Exactly. Wait and see what happens with them. The title reads: "Banks that moved to bank" as if it had already happened.

You didn't even know it was restricted to just banks. -_-

I did. Already answered in post (#9)

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
We are talking about a TLD delegated since Jan 2015 and it has so far mustered about 3K registrations.
The reason for PR spin from Encirca is that it's the main registrar for .bank: their market share is 73% according to https://ntldstats.com/tld/bank

If I get the zone file I will report on how many are not inactive or redirects.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back