Dynadot

Bad Companies In the Domain Business

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

brandnow

Selling hotcakesTop Member
Impact
I'll get started

1&1 - They overcharge.. they charge for things you never ordered.. they charge you renewal fees even after you canceled the domain or transferred it away.. occasionally they sometimes steal your domain

Sedo - Crappy web site design.. Poor customer service.. both for many years. Outrageous fees in some cases. For example, many years ago I had a domain listed for a very fair price of $60.. I didn't realize that by not parking the domain with Sedo that I would be charged a flat $50 fee. Long story short.. only got $10 from a $60 domain for a decent web site that I had developed.

I'm sure there are many more bad companies in the domain world and bad experiences.. feel free to post your's

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My experience with Sedo is horrible. They closed my account for no reason. Even I contacted them and they told nothing, they never even bothered to reply.

•••
there's a few homeless folks and ppl staying in trailer parks that could get you to ask why EIG bought up as many reg's and hosts as possible the past 3 yrs using taxpayer money.. ''too big to fail'' money. so long suckers.

EIG - partnership of major wall street firms.
''too big to fail'' firms. what a joke eh.
those registrars and hosts belong to the people who were fleeced.
but good luck getting that money back. haha

the way I view 1&1 is a decent independent German co
with a problematic US branch .... independent is important ...

Last edited:
•••
if your customer service function at 1&1 was totally revamped and all the back room graft was flushed out it would be a good co.

•••
The three sirens: Register.com, Web.com, and Network Solutions

and their evil spawn:

NewVcorp, aka New Ventures Services

•••
all EIG

a wood fairy just informed me that all the homeless folks encamped in the swamp and shrubs out back of Icann HQ in laguna del ray are going to be recieving a free copy --- YES, A FREE COPY ... of the great bestseller ...
AUDACITY OF HOPE .... then they will be able to use this to hurl at the ''too big to fails'' who stole their lunch and used it to buy up 2 dozen regs and webhosts. and counting .... pretty clever though ...

•••
Awww, come on people. 1&1 is a great company! They have a long history of customer service! Granted, that customer service is not Good customer service but it is some form of customer service.

They have thousands and thousands of customers worldwide! Now granted, they might not be happy customers but there is still quite a lot of them. Given the huge number of customers they have there is bound to be at least 1 happy customer. Yes, there is probably a better chance of finding the Easter Bunny than there is of finding a happy 1&1 customer but there is that chance.

Even though they have almost a thousand complaints filed at the better business bureau, that doesn't mean they don't care about their customers. It just means that their customers just don't like how they do business. Now some people like how 1&1 does business, that's why people actually chose to do business with them even after all those complaints.

I really do think they are a great domain registrar! Even though there is not enough gold in Fort Knox to bribe me with to buy a domain through them, I would still happily recommend them to all my closest competitors and rivals!

;)

Cartoon-21.gif

Last edited:
•••
I agree with @Ms Domainer. I'd add Epic, InTrustDomains and whatever they are currently morphed into. And of course 1and1.

•••
When you think of it, our industry is loosely regulated and quite shady. Scary.
What the domain industry lacks is ethics.

•••
Domain Registry of America. Stinking pile of dog doodoo

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back