IT.COM

discuss Backorder services nowadays?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Hashim

Established Member
Impact
I'm thinking of putting in a backorder for a co.uk domain that will be expiring in about a month and that I really like, and I need to have the most chance of getting it. All the threads in this forum about which services to use seem to be old, so which services as of 2020 are currently the best ones to initiate a backorder through?

Thank you, I appreciate the help.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I second this... best service in 2020? *BUMP*

•••
For non-.com try @Catched.com

For .com try DropCatch, and Snapnames

Last edited:
•••
Hexonet, dynadot but not sure how good they are with .co.uk. obviously dropcatch for .com. catched is decent/good. Epik all-time worst.

Last edited:
•••
I’m not a huge fan of drop catch, but they seem to ‘catch’ everything these days.

•••
Hexonet, dynadot but not sure how good they are with .co.uk. obviously dropcatch for .com. catched is decent/good. Epik all-time worst.

I don’t have any experience with Epik for drops, but I’m curious. Why do you consider them the worst?

•••
I don’t have any experience with Epik for drops, but I’m curious. Why do you consider them the worst?

Because it just doesnt work for some TLDs like .org. You're better off handregging on the drop.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/discuss-your-epik-experience.1146613/page-65

Read my posts regarding a .org backorder I recently did. Second time for me they messed it up big time. What makes it even worse is that they don't even seem to notice as they're unaware they missed it so no autorefund, basically a backorder in progress indefinitely untill they will sometime catch it which is highly unlikely. I like Epik but this stuff is insane.

•••
Hey guys, What's your opinion for French ccTLD backorders? I found two places for it, Snapnames and BB-online. Which one do you think may will be better and has more firepower???

•••
Hey guys, What's your opinion for French ccTLD backorders? I found two places for it, Snapnames and BB-online. Which one do you think may will be better and has more firepower???

Lol what is “BB-online”?

Snapnames all day

Bonus: Private auction better than public if 2.

Last edited:
•••
Lol what is “BB-online”?

Snapnames all day

Bonus: Private auction better than public if 2.

Hi Dude,
bb-online.com is a british service, they mentioned that they are active since 1997.

I know SnapNames is very popular but i found bb-online on google results, on searching for French ccTLD backorders.

I found that bb-online doesn't do auctions for domains when several people backorder a domain, and every domain can be added to backorder service for only one time by a single user, not several people.

I exactly want to backorder a domain with (.RE) extension which is related to Reunion island (a French government district near Africa) .. I searched my needed domain on many popular backorder places, but only Snapnames and bb-online (from google results) do this job and other sites like DropCatch don't.

I searched my needed domain on bb-online, they showed me a message "This domain is already being monitored on behalf of a client." and as i mentioned above, this is due to their policy "every domain can be backordered by only one user, not several".

So, for now, there is no way for me to backorder my domain on any other place except SnapNames.
But i want to compare which Service probable may have more firepower than other one?

I'm beginner and this is first time i want to use backorder. I asked several times here, but nobody answered me. So can you help me? thanks friend.

Daniel.

•••
Hi Dude,
bb-online.com is a british service, they mentioned that they are active since 1997.

I know SnapNames is very popular but i found bb-online on google results, on searching for French ccTLD backorders.

I found that bb-online doesn't do auctions for domains when several people backorder a domain, and every domain can be added to backorder service for only one time by a single user, not several people.

I exactly want to backorder a domain with (.RE) extension which is related to Reunion island (a French government district near Africa) .. I searched my needed domain on many popular backorder places, but only Snapnames and bb-online (from google results) do this job and other sites like DropCatch don't.

I searched my needed domain on bb-online, they showed me a message "This domain is already being monitored on behalf of a client." and as i mentioned above, this is due to their policy "every domain can be backordered by only one user, not several".

So, for now, there is no way for me to backorder my domain on any other place except SnapNames.
But i want to compare which Service probable may have more firepower than other one?

I'm beginner and this is first time i want to use backorder. I asked several times here, but nobody answered me. So can you help me? thanks friend.

Daniel.

I only invest in .com

Trust me when i say, u kno more than give self credit for. i didnt know .fr difficult find backorder

You cant use DropCatch. Theyre the best, but criticized for their lack of non-com options.
BB-online would be good, but Snap better imo. Keep in mind, Snap is $69 to backorder.
Who would spend $69 on a France ccTLD?
And no auction is best, you’re right! That said,
Private auction (Snap) better than Public (DC)

You also asked about firepower
Snap has greater firepower. could beat u to it.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks again, but my friend, i want to do backorder for a .RE extension name, not a .FR .. Thr French registry organization is responsible for both extensions.

You know dude, as i checked, bb-online do backorders for .RE names for $121.20 (free monitoring, charges if registering is successful) .. Snapnames do this job for $79 and it's low and more efficient.
See this: bb-online.com/backordering/re.shtml

For now, i know at least one man is in competition with me on registering than name out there.
So i just want to compare these backorder services and i'm talking about firepower for catching that .RE name.
Do you have any idea?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back