Dynadot

Avoid SAV like your life depends on it !!

NameSilo
Watch

Prayag

Impact
I had been trying to Consolidate my Domains under the same registrar where renewals can be as reasonable as one can expect these days.

Got my domain transferred from GoDaddy to SAV.

On 10th I get an email confirmation from SAV, saying the transfer had completed and since my DNS was already on CloudFlare, it was all fine and there was no need of doing any other changes. All was fine and I thought it was the end of the process till we revisit on renewal time next year.

Suddenly after 7 days I see emails to my domain stopped saying 'domain not found'. With absolute horror I checked and figured, it indeed had vanished from Interweb.

Opened a ticket with SAV folks, got an auto acknowledgement. Next day one of them comes back saying Domain was put on Client Hold due to WHOIS data not being updated (I was never sent a request, neither their pathetic site asked for that data to be updated as a mandatory information). Soon after that I got an email response asking for email based WHOIS data validation and I quickly clicked that to confirm the registration. Got a confirmation window that was coming from some AWS hosted asset.

And then begins the horror story. Following this I kept on following up, trying to request again and again, literally begging to get the domain re-activated. No response, NOTHING !!! Complete radio silence.

I opened two other support tickets, also called overseas to their sorry excuse of a support phone number to realize they really don't answer phones..

After lot of wait and few other corrective actions, finally same tech support fella responds saying I've released your domain, deal with it with your new registrar now.

With such shoddy process and service, why be in a business like this?

Since I made few calls in places where stupidity like this has an audience, I learnt about this message board and learnt that I had higher chances getting someone from SAV see message here than actually reading their own client raised support tickets.

Over the years I've dealt with several registrars and generally dealt with complex situations that needed extra knowhow to get things moving. But till date I've not come across anyone else this bad and that too after reading other reports here realized how consistently pathetic they are.

So yes, after living through hell for 3~4 days, I would surely say save yourself from some excruciating pain and find another registrar. Trusting SAV with your domain name would be simply asking for trouble that you could live without.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back