Dynadot

Automated Backups?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

hboss

Account Closed
Impact
Hi Guys,

I use cpanel for managing my forum's backend processes.
Can someone please guide me about how automated backups works. Moreover I have plenty of space.so is it better to take full backups or partial backup.
Moreover is it better to store a copy of last backup at some remote site, other than your server?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi Guys,

I use cpanel for managing my forum's backend processes.
Can someone please guide me about how automated backups works. Moreover I have plenty of space.so is it better to take full backups or partial backup.
Moreover is it better to store a copy of last backup at some remote site, other than your server?

Well you should sign up an off-site backup server hosting plan from any web host. So your backup will be stored on another server. The benefit of off-site backup solution is; the scheduled tasks and cron jobs which are set ensure that manual supervision is not required.

•••
I back up all my blogs/sites to my own computer.

Then a backup from there to some USB sticks.

Ongoing, but not automatic as I have to go to the cpanel.

•••
I can express the point that there are many web hosts providing daily backups.

•••
I can express the point that there are many web hosts providing daily backups.

but anytime, i will suggest you to backup once form your end too.

•••
By using Backup, you can create a duplicate copy of the data on your hard disk and then archive it on another storage device, such as a hard disk or a tape.

If the original data on your hard disk is accidentally erased or overwritten, or becomes inaccessible because of a hard-disk malfunction, you can easily restore it from the disk or archived copy.

•••
I suggest you have both manual and automatic backups of your data. A lot of web hosting companies now offers daily backup but to be sure, you too must have a scheduled manual backup.

•••
Also if data is very important for you you can do at least manual backups time by time. That would be one of the ways to protect your data.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back