IT.COM

domains Authorities seize COVID domain name

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
The seizure of the domain name was announced by Acting United States Attorney for the District of Maryland Jonathan F. Lenzner and Special Agent in Charge James R. Mancuso of Homeland Security Investigations - Baltimore.

“This is the 10th fraudulent website taking advantage of the COVID-19 pandemic that we have seized in recent months,” said Acting U.S. Attorney Jonathan F. Lenzner. “In a time when we are urging people to get vaccinated for COVID-19, it is reprehensible that fraudsters are trying to prey on unsuspecting residents and their families. Remember that the COVID vaccine is not for sale, and the federal government is providing the vaccine free of charge to people living in the United States. We urge all Maryland residents to be skeptical - don’t provide personal information or click on links in unsolicited e-mails.”

read more (fda gov)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Scammers' vaccines can be safer than official vaccines.

•••
These people are scum.

Who knows what are getting, putting into you

Rather real thing (Which i got from Pharmacy)
6C89013C-4CC3-4D67-A437-E1D4E53BA63B.jpeg

The domain name is:
COVIDReliefSociety.org.

Last edited:
•••
*Scammers wouldn't add poison to their fake vaccines, this would be very stupid move. But we know official vaccines are poisons (unless they were replaced quietly).
(*There are exceptions: biggest scammers add poisons to their fake vaccines.)

Last edited:
•••
Was always going to happen. Even when we had the boasts on here at NP about covid names registered, I thought stupid idiots, As i'm sure anybody really understanding the Domain game/business thought the same

Last edited:
•••
reminds me of the owner of corona.es having his domain seized after rejecting the 10k offer from the Spanish government expect he wasn't scamming anyone he just wanted more money

•••
reminds me of the owner of corona.es having his domain seized after rejecting the 10k offer from the Spanish government expect he wasn't scamming anyone he just wanted more money

why do people insist on not getting the story straight? Is it just more fun to paint me as some greedy domainer who wouldn't sell coronavirus.es to the Spanish Gov for $10K?

let me correct you.

1. I got an offer from SOMEONE for $10K for coronavirus.es. They did not announce themselves as with the the Spain Gov.
2. I declined the offer because it was low judging from the keyword search results and also it was an offer from someone I can't confirm who they are. It could easily have been a domain speculator like you and me trying to buy coronavirus.es for $10K to flip later for $100,000. We know this happens.
3. Soon after I declined? .es registry confiscated coronavirus.es on behalf of the Spanish gov.
4. Therefore, naturally I assumed that $10K offer was probably from Spanish Gov. too much of a coincidence. Of course there is no way to confirm. Spain Gov never confirmed either that they offered $10K. My best guess? It was the Spain Gov.

So if you follow the time line above. No $10K offer from the Spain Gov was declined. A random $10K offer from someone using bogus email address who never announced they represented the Spain Gov was DECLINED.

And THAT is TOTALLY OKAY because it was a random offer from a total stranger. NOT THE SPAIN GOV.

So you are INCORRECT.

I did not declined any $10K offer from the Spanish Gov. I declined a random $10K offer from out of nowhere from a TOTAL STRANGER.

Also, who here would NOT decline a random anonymous offer of $10K for coronavirus.es or any domain for that matter?

we all know this game.

If a buyer's first offer is $10,000 or is $5,000 and goes up to $10,000 we all know that there is a chance you can ask for more. So we decline $10,000 and wait for a higher offer. It's not greedy just strategy.

AGAIN I REPEAT I had no idea who this buyer was once the $10K offer was made and I declined.

To this day I still can't confirm that $10K offer was really from the Spain Gov. Your guess is as good as mine.

I have said this over and over and over again in the original thread for coronavirus.es.

But I guess it's just more fun to misquote me and use me as the example of the greedy domainer who would not sell coronavirus.es for $10K to the Spanish Gov. unfortunately you would be wrong.

So please. if you must quote me. quote correctly.

lying is just as bad as greed. anyone can confirm the truth of what I am saying here by going back to the original cornavirus.es thread if they bother to look.

As far as this thread is concerned?

my 2 cents?

here's my take on this.

judging from the quality of the domains fraudsters use. I feel domain investors who registered covid and coronavirus domains? are actually doing public service on their own dime.

for every good covid and coronavirus domain secured by domain investors to be sold for profit has good side effect.

These are domains that fraudsters can't use.

We always tell our buyers that to secure their success online they should secure the best domain names.

I'm guessing this would apply also to fraudsters.

imagine if fraudsters were able to register covid19.com? or coronavirus.com or coronavirus.es? what then? how much more efficient would fraudsters be at defrauding people of their money owning such premium domain names and not crappy ones?

We always tell buyers "buy this domain and increase traffic and make more money."

well going by our sales pitches to domain buyers that would mean these fraudsters would be able to be more successful in their fraudulent activities because no one secured covid19.com.

instead fraudsters have a harder time tricking people with less legitimate looking covid and coronavirus domain names.

I mean seriously if fraudsters were successful with defrauding people of their money with CovidReliefSociety.org how much more could they defraud people with say Covid.org? or covid19.org? or Covidcure.com?

yea sure we want and hope to make money with our covid and coronavirus domains but we're actually doing a great service by removing these domains out of the possibility of being registered by scammers.

The domains that are left for scammers to register are just crappy domain names that don't look as "legit" as covid19.com or covidcure.com or covid19.org .

•••
When there is no crime, then confiscating a domain should not happen. And if confiscating is being done to commit a big crime, this is much worse than stealing a domain by force, even if done by govt. But not selling for 10k is a bad move anyway, if your intention was to make money only (I mean , unless you are brave enough to create a site which exposes big lies and vaccines and tells the truth, and saves lives).

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back