Dynadot

domains Audacy Holds onto Radio.com domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
Audacy, formerly known as Entercom, has decided to temporarily halt the online auction for the rights to its Radio.com domain. The company had put the domain up for auction last December with a minimum bid of $2.5 million as part of its efforts to raise funds and reduce debt.

It appears that Audacy did not receive a satisfactory offer and has chosen to retain the domain for the time being. According to Podcast News Daily, the GoDaddy auction page for Radio.com now states that the auction is closed, indicating the suspension of the bidding process. Audacy has not provided any official comment regarding this development.

The Radio.com domain was originally acquired by CBS in 2008 as part of its purchase of CNET for $1.8 billion. It was registered back in 1996, and CNET acquired it, along with TV.com, for a mere $30,000 later that same year. CBS then transferred the domain to its radio division, where it became the streaming platform for CBS Radio and the primary domain for its individual stations.

read more (BNM)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i hate, hate hate their rebrand to “Auducy”

Auducy is a play on word for ”Odyssey” a name i more associate with Honda Minivan, than “Space Odyssey”

I wrote about this in April 2021 in a March 2021 thread about “Rebrands” by the great @Lox himself! I wish they picked ”Radio.com” but “radio” is too “old” i suppose.
IMG_4881.jpeg
https://www.namepros.com/threads/rebrands-and-acquisitions.1233492/page-2#post-8242273

Last edited:
•••
•••
Radio is outdated
Is it though? TV was supposed to kill radio, it never, then the internet came along, which should have killed radio, but instead gave it new lease of life and created new audio categories of radio such as podcasts which is extremely popular.

Could say domains name themselves are an out dated concept due to all the different ways we now connect to the net (smart TV’s/apps/Alexia etc) but fact is they are more valuable than ever.

Tech moves that fast, where something new comes along to replace with whats current in just a few short years (DVD’s/VHS/Cassette tapes/Jukeboxes etc), but there are a select few technologies that actually evolve/adapt with new innovation and radio is one of those things, I think it will also adapt (and possibly grow) with Ai too.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back