Dynadot

discuss auDA threatening to Delete .com.au Domain Name

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have registered 3 letter .com.au domain name approximately 6 years ago but just last week, I got email from auDA through my registrar for warranty check.

They have asked me to prove "close and substantial connection to this domain name"
since, domain name is 3 letters (pronounceable but not proper meaningful word), I have replied that we registered this for our future portal but I have received reply that response is not accepted and domain will be deleted after 14 days.

We are legit business and domain acronym match related to our services.
Domain name is registered approximately 6 years ago.
We bought domain name from drop auction (netfleet) and paid premium price

just wondering if anyone has experience this or it is just random pick?
I know many companies, who hold more than 100 to 4000 domains and not all domains match with ""close and substantial connection policy" so why don't they go after them?

is that mean, you can't register .com.au domain name other than your related business ABN and it is death of .au after market domain industry?

Looking for some feedback.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not sure 100% but I think you need to have a registered business and trademark in Australia. Do you satisfy those requirements?

•••
off course, I have registered business (PTY Company) but not everyone can register trade mark for every domain name

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back