IT.COM

Auction ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Is auctioning a good option for fast feed back for noobs?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • No, its harder to make good profit by auctioning

vote
    16.7%
  • No, it doesnt really give you good feed back

votes
    0.0%
  • Try both, auction some, sit and wait with others

votes
    66.7%
  • Auction a lot !!

vote
    16.7%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

DzAH

Established Member
Impact
Do you think someone who is new to domaining would benefit from auctioning?

Feed back is very important, and I guess auctioning is one of the very best way to get good feedback fast. or...?

idk, but as new to domaining it would take soooo much time and money to figure out if Im on the right track, I guess. I mean, I probably have to reg. like 100 domains and wait a few years..?

however if im auctioning I get really fast feed back...

what do u think.. is it this a good idea.. or not?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
ok.. so I sent 5 domains to auction.. with no reserve.

yosme.com, and viocloud.com to flippa, and jobfellows.com, parfymia.com and alphapluss.com to godaddy.

what do you think? I'm stupid? :xf.grin:

I also thought to auction bureau247.com but didnt dare to auction that one lol

•••
could've post your domains first here for appraisal or make offer and got feedbacks from domainers with with avatars. Good luck in auction.

•••
ok.. so I sent 5 domains to auction.. with no reserve.

yosme.com, and viocloud.com to flippa, and jobfellows.com, parfymia.com and alphapluss.com to godaddy.

what do you think? I'm stupid? :xf.grin:

I also thought to auction bureau247.com but didnt dare to auction that one lol

Think you're stupid for what? Registering those names?

•••
"Think you're stupid for what?"

Stupid for hand register dropped domains, and then auctioning them with no reserve, when I obviously dont really have to....

It might be much better to just sit on them waiting.. however by reg. domains and then auctioning them right away I might get.
1. fast feedback
2. possibly fast profit. (then reg. even more)

I dont know thought how easy it is to get profit though auctioning compared to sit and wait. So one outcome might be that I waste my money and get no useful feedback.

•••
could've post your domains first here for appraisal or make offer and got feedbacks from domainers with with avatars. Good luck in auction.

I have posted for appraisal and I think it is a good option, however it isnt "real".. I mean, basicly it is someones opinion, not a sale.

•••
Would you care to share auction feedback?

•••
ok. Tomorrow about this time I will know.

so far yosme.com is doing best. 2bids $6

•••
well, auctioning will give you a great idea of the wholesale value of your domains. If your goal is to hand-reg and then flip into the wholesale/domain investor market then auctioning is a great way to learn what sells well.

If, on the other hand, your goal is to build a portfolio and sell 1% a year for an avg sales price of $10k or so then I don't believe you'll learn anything from auctioning.

•••
Thanks Paul. Interesting. I didnt actually think about that. I kinda assumed that feedback from auctions would translate into a understanding of long term (very few % a year) portfolio. I still assume there are some kinda relation, however Im sure your statement at least has some truth to it. The correlations between auction-value and long-term-value are probably not so obvious/fixed as I initially though.

Is it possible to assume (generally speaking) some kinda ratio between auction-value and what one expect to get if willing to sit and wait for years and sell to an end user?

•••
Would you care to share auction feedback?

not tooo great... lol
viocloud sold for $1
yosme sold for $11 (3bids)
jobfellows and parfymia no bids (min. $20)

I guess it would make more sense to auction here at namepros.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back