IT.COM

Auction sold on GoDaddy, no word yet

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Should I wait or contact them?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Contact them

votes
    75.0%
  • Wait

vote
    25.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

HostGeeks.com

Top Member
Impact
Ok so I sold a domain on godaddy 7 day public auction and the listing ended but I havent got email on the domain being sold and the domain is still in my account, will they contact me later on or is this an issue?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
so the way gd works is that you only get the SOLD EMAIL once buyer pays

no email = no payment

if he never pays, you never get email.

contacting them will solve nothing. this is not a matter of survey or opinion. its just how they operarte.

hope you get paid
gl

Last edited:
•••
so the way gd works is that you only get the SOLD EMAIL once buyer pays

no email = no payment

if he never pays, you never get email.

contacting them will solve nothing. this is not a matter of survey or opinion. its just how they operarte.

hope you get paid
gl

Ok I understand

•••
unfortunately there are non paying bidders on all markets... no one can force them to pay... but they do ban non payers... so many people want to retain their acounts and therefore they pay.

was this a 7 day auction you started yourself or did you push an offer to it?

•••
I would contact GD after 7 days and tell them to tell the buyer to shit or get off the pot.

I've sold a dozen or so domains via GD auctions and they usually do take a while for transfers and stuff.

Also, be prepared for aggravation if the domain isn't registered through GD. I moved a number of domains from GD to Namecheap and as they sell, when I try to transfer them back, I get errors and GoDaddy support is useless.

•••
I would contact GD after 7 days and tell them to tell the buyer to sh*t or get off the pot.

I've sold a dozen or so domains via GD auctions and they usually do take a while for transfers and stuff.

Also, be prepared for aggravation if the domain isn't registered through GD. I moved a number of domains from GD to Namecheap and as they sell, when I try to transfer them back, I get errors and GoDaddy support is useless.

Lmao right, the person did paid for it now, but they have yet to tell me how much it was sold for, im just waiting now till it gets transferred to my bank hope all goes well, thanks for the information

•••
Since a sale was made, my advice is that you should just wait it out for 14 days or so until you hear from them. If not, contact them.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back