IT.COM

Atom / Atom.com - Marketplace (formerly Squadhelp)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey Folks,

I've just started using squadhelp.com to list some of my brandable. So far I have 76 domains listed, there is no fee to list. I've had some decent action so far in the way of interested buyers but no sales as of yet. I've only been with them for 1 week now.

A bit of a summary review of SquadHelp:

PROS
  • No Listing fee
  • No Logo design fee
  • Ability to submit your names to end users holding naming contests
  • Ability to chat directly or send a message directly to end users.
  • Stats of your marketplace domains are shown in the marketplace dashboard.
  • Their customer service and support has been great, 24hr a day chat.
  • Ability to increase or decrease the list price of your domains or to show a discount. You can decrease or increase the price yourself by $200. If you want to lower more, you can contact support.
  • End users can shortlist your domains before they make a decision on which they want to purchase. The number of shortlists is shown in you marketplace dashboard.
  • When you submit your names you get to set the price you wish to get. Because their commissions are high I recommend listing at a higher price to offset the commission costs.
  • Their landing pages are fairly basic but they work. Because the marketplace is fairly new, I'm sure we will see style improvements in the future.
  • One thing I really like is they accept multiple extensions. I have listed .co and .io along with .com
  • Each seller gets a direct link to their marketplace portfolio, HERES MY PORTFOLIO. It is handy if your trying to p[promote your portfolio through social media.
  • I like that their marketplace doesn't have tens of thousands domain listings like BB. They are fairly strict on the domains they accept to list and so this helps keep the number of domains in the marketplace down and gets your listings more exposure.
CONS
  • Their commissions are very high, depending on the domain name they are usually between 30% and 35%. However, there are no listing fees, no logo design fees, so in the end their commission is very similar to brand buckets.
  • Their logos are not top quality, in fact I requested to have some of my logos remade.
  • I think they have a big backlog of logos to design, the wait time for logo design has been around 1 week, but your names are still listed while the logos are being designed.
  • After your names are accepted you need to agree to their commission rate, at this point you also need to apply your own keywords, descriptions etc. I found this was very time consuming.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Does anyone here submit names to SH and ask them to register them (instead of registering them personally?). It seems of modest benefit, only allowing us to save $1 less on the first year of registration (the $1 is required for the initial submission request). In future years we have to pay $10 to have them renew, so really it's just a one year ~$9 savings. It does allow for names to be listed risk free (or really a $1 at risk). We receive sig less money if doing it this way of course:

If approved, you will receive
25% commission if domain sells in first year.
22.5% commission if domain sells in second year.
20% commission if domain sells in third year.

Does anyone choose to do this and if so, any success?

•••
Does anyone choose to do this and if so, any success?
As you point out to me it never seems worth doing it that way so I have never considered doing it. Maybe if a long bet short short term trend it might make sense.
-Bob

•••
Squadhelp claims ~5 business days to approve (or reject) Premium names paid with coins... but seems they are currently behind this timeframe. 8 business days so far, and still waiting. Not sure if that is normal or not

•••
•••
•••
Anyone use points for their "Boost" feature? Does it work? Or am I better off using points to discount coin purchases?

•••
Anyone use points for their "Boost" feature? Does it work? Or am I better off using points to discount coin purchases?
Yes, it works, and you can see how many points the domain went up.

You can use the points for both purposes, yes. Both equally useful, especially when combined with pre-funded balance.

Last edited:
•••
Currently I have 89 031 points. What else would I do with it? I don't have to register those domain names, I don't have to pay for any renewals, it costs me literally $0. Each year several of those names sell and I get roughly $300 - $800 for each sale. For me not using this option would be leaving money on the table.

Are we able to list unregistered names as Premium using only points, and no coins?

Great stats - of course we list at just over $5k, because SH incentivizes us to do so (by dropping their commission rate from 30% to 25%). With these stats, I'd like to see SH change their commission structure and either dropping the 25% to $4500 or upping it to $6k.

I have more than 700 names on Squadhelp. One sale since 2021 (a SH registered one that I suggested). I am editing this post, because I missed that from my list in error, so it needs to be corrected. So, 1 small sale since 2021. I like their people, their platform and the innovations, but it is costing me a lot of money in renewals and I am making a considerable loss. I am hanging on, hoping things improve soon, though there is quite a bit of catching up to do, to even cover my costs, let alone make any profit.

Have you sold any names as of yet?

•••
Last edited:
•••
Not a single sale this year either so far. I am not certain on the exact statistics in terms of probability, but to have so many names ( noted by SH as into multiple millions portfolio sales 'value') and for no sales whatsoever in years is starting to seem stranger.

Part of the problem is also when sales stopped coming through I started suggesting more of my names as SH owned. This was because of renewal costs and to take what seemed like a fair/good opportunity to increase my portfolio without carrying the cost of adding more names, due to the sales situation. I had to submit more suggestions to get them accepted as it typically seems harder to do this way. Yet, I did, just to try and keep moving forward. They removed the opportunity to sell them wholesale, suddenly, a while ago. Not that this was my planned intention though.
But those names, that they pick to own themselves, haven't sold either.

Last edited:
•••
Does it seem like SH is really slow lately reviewing submissions and appeals?

I have a couple still under premium review from Feb 11 and 12. Didn't use coins, but still.

Have others with coins from Feb 27 that don't even have 10 expert reviews yet.

Also have 2 appeals from Feb 20 and 25. I had three other appeals from early February that were completed and approved for premium listings in about a week.

•••
Does it seem like SH is really slow lately reviewing submissions and appeals?

I have a couple still under premium review from Feb 11 and 12. Didn't use coins, but still.

Have others with coins from Feb 27 that don't even have 10 expert reviews yet.

Also have 2 appeals from Feb 20 and 25. I had three other appeals from early February that were completed and approved for premium listings in about a week.
Same here - coin submitted domains from Feb 28 still trying to get enough expert reviews.

I never heard of appeals. Interesting, we can appeal a name that was submitted with a coin?

Last edited:
•••
Same here - coin submitted domains from Feb 28 still trying to get enough expert reviews.

I never heard of appeals. Interesting, we can appeal a name that was submitted with a coin?

Yes, you can appeal a name that was submitted without a coin. I imagine it's like regular submissions, in that they prioritize coin appeals. They also limit appeals (coin or not) to 5 in 30 days.

•••
I moved all my names out of SH because of no sale for over a year. A month after, I had one sale for over 1k I think now i have more chance to sell since my names have more exposure and less comission

•••

BB released a stat that only 10% of their names sold (in 2022) were 1 yr old or younger. Perhaps it takes some time for new names to "burn" in

•••
Could be, though a reasonable number of the names are 3-10 years old. And for the SH owned ones, they only hold them for a few years typically, so their expectation appeared to be they should be selling in that time.

•••
Domain appeal process is slow: Submitted 5 names on Feb. 19 and still waiting.
These names were submitted with coins.

•••

Yea, I just appealed a price and asked CS how long. She said "Many weeks" and in some cases even longer. They go through them one by one in the order they come in

•••
I think you mean domain approval, right? Or do you really mean price appeals?

For whatever reason names are taking much longer than normal to get decisions the last while. And anecdotally it seems rejection rate pretty high. I presume this is probably because the volume of names being added is way up. Several high profile investors have recently moved names there, and I suspect that has encouraged smaller investors to try the platform too.

The appeal process re pricing that @Sperry8 mentions is I would say optimistically many weeks or many months even normally, from what I have heard. The volume must be significant and human intervention needed for each.

•••
Names were rejected and I appealed.

Approval process for listing names gotten faster compared to before.

•••
I think you mean domain approval, right? Or do you really mean price appeals?

For whatever reason names are taking much longer than normal to get decisions the last while. And anecdotally it seems rejection rate pretty high. I presume this is probably because the volume of names being added is way up. Several high profile investors have recently moved names there, and I suspect that has encouraged smaller investors to try the platform too.

The appeal process re pricing that @Sperry8 mentions is I would say optimistically many weeks or many months even normally, from what I have heard. The volume must be significant and human intervention needed for each.

I'm not finding the rejection rate high. I'm pushing a 70% acceptance rate (and looking at their platform it seems they accept almost everything). I submitted 57 names and got 39 approved. And half of those denied were prior rejections the platform auto rejected as soon as I put my coin down. I guess I'm allowed to appeal them - but I didn't bother. If SH doesn't want them, I just move along.

Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 10.10.30 AM.png

•••
Does anyone know if I have a domain with the singular and plural version and it gets approved at SH - can I list them in tandem (as a package)?

•••
Does anyone know if I have a domain with the singular and plural version and it gets approved at SH - can I list them in tandem (as a package)?
I don't think so. I've never seen multiple domains in one listing. But potential buyers are bound to see both domains in the search results. If one domain sells, you could probably ask SH to see if the buyer is interested in the other domain. If you want to be sure, ask customer support.

•••
I don't think so. I've never seen multiple domains in one listing. But potential buyers are bound to see both domains in the search results. If one domain sells, you could probably ask SH to see if the buyer is interested in the other domain. If you want to be sure, ask customer support.

that's exactly what CS said. I am concerned though that the buyer may not want both names and/or both aren't approved, and/or they don't realize both are listed (if both approved) and as such move along. Shame they don't let us add a note to a domain explaining plural is included.

•••
SH drops domains?

Could be, though a reasonable number of the names are 3-10 years old. And for the SH owned ones, they only hold them for a few years typically, so their expectation appeared to be they should be selling in that time.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back