domain Astatki.com

NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

huwenbin

Established Member
Impact
English word. Mean heavy oil. Please appraisal!
the oil is used by boats & ships

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm a native English speaker and I haven't heard of this word until you've told me about it

Astatki - The fuel derived from leftover constituents of refined Russian petroleum which is turned into liquid by treating with steam. (Google source)

You have to ask yourself unless a buyer has his / her heart truly set on calling their brand "astatki", your niche going by the definition is "the fuel derived from leftover constituents" ...this is tough, in terms of a realistic use case in the market. You think there's an abundance of buyers thinking about this? Snapping their fingers with enthusiasm in a sense of "that's what we need, this domain is perfect!" ...its a tough sell, to put it lightly

Last edited:
•••
•••
Don't take it as offence ...its constructive criticism. I've messed up thinking stuff is ok when it isn't, I'm not perfect. Just think about the word itself, its not easy. Stay away from these unfamiliar things as a general rule, it'll save you money, in my little opinion

I did some sourcing for "astatki sellers" ...you can look yourself, I don't see much. If you track one down that cares about their online with the word, offers accepted. Hope you get it

Last edited:
•••
Terrible sorry
https://www.thefreedictionary.com/astatki
its to bad more than 5 days old or you could grace delete. A byproduct of russian oil?
You may hit as a brandable, i’ll eat dew worm if it does, but you have yet to ask an appraisal for a name i would even consider owning.
Value: less than when you bought it as expiry date is getting closer. list on brandables marketplace and sell it, come back here and shame me. If no bites, donotrenew

•••
Terrible sorry
https://www.thefreedictionary.com/astatki
its to bad more than 5 days old or you could grace delete. A byproduct of russian oil?
You may hit as a brandable, i’ll eat dew worm if it does, but you have yet to ask an appraisal for a name i would even consider owning.
Value: less than when you bought it as expiry date is getting closer. list on brandables marketplace and sell it, come back here and shame me. If no bites, donotrenew
not know what's your mean. it's only mean heavy oil. i find

•••
Astatki - it's not an English word, it's a Russian word, meaning literally ''leftovers''. Correct spelling is with ''o'' (Ostatki - Oстатки), but pronunciation is with ''a''.

I can bet you 120% that the use you are referring to - is slang used in the petroleum industry (and probably amongst people and companies working with Russian oil). Extremely narrow use and again, it just jargon.
This word unfortunately will not make a resellable domain name.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back