IT.COM

domain Asking Your Advice - middleage.org

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

KnowoneKnows

Established Member
Impact
Thank you to all of the members here who so generously share their hard-earned knowledge.

I have 2 domains that I want to sell. One is middleage.org with a site (site not for sale) that has been online since 1998 and comes up #3 in a search for "middle age definition".

The other one is middleage.net, and it's been registered since around 1998, but has never (AFAIK) had a site.

I am thinking that I should get an appraisal from Sedo for the .org at least.

Then list it/them on Sedo and any other place(s) that are good, and which you might suggest.

May I ask your opinion on these topics?

Thanks so much!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Ram-ji, Thanks again for your advice. I went to the link you suggested, but it seems these topics are about people who want to create a business buying and selling domains. In my case, I just have 2 domains I want to sell, and just want to know:
1) Is Sedo the best place to get a reputable and accurate appraisal that is reasonably priced, or is there another? I not only want to know the value, but I want something I can show to someone who has an interest in buying and say "XXX says my domain is worth $xxxx", have that appraisal to back up my asking price, and have the appraisal be respected.
2) Once I get my appraisal(s), is Sedo a great place to attract serious buyers, and do youu suggest anywhere else?

•••
1) .com is king and very few .org sales in the record... so appraisal is very tough for your domain. it's like finding the ring in ocean... you may be get, if you are lucky... (don't take it as harsh, just saying the reality)

i suggest you to flip it as a website... list it on flippa (i don't like flippa, but it is the only choice for website sale) show the earnings, impress the investors and get it sold...

2) In order to sell domain alone, you may try afternic, sedo, uniregistry, dan , epik etc.,

Next time try .com.

Goodluck (y)

•••
Thanks, Ram-ji. I have been creating Websites professionally since 1996, so I agree on the .com, and all my other sites are .com's. I bought this domain because it was getting organic traffic, at the time about 1,600/mo., and I was creating a Website aimed at middle-aged people. I therefore thought it be worth the $500 I paid for it. It has turned out to not be profitable at all, and I now have a whole new marketing plan, and another site. I'm still at a loss as to whether Sedo is well-respected, but I guess I'll just roll the dice. BTW, I do have a .net with the same name. Namaskar. :xf.smile:

•••
So I guess I'll just follow my best guess and get an appraisal from Sedo. Otherwise I have no clue as to the value. Then I'll list it on Sedo, afternic, etc. Thanks.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back