NameSilo

question ASIA domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
do asia domains have a resell value?
Can I sell them to non asian people?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Does anyone know of a good .ASIA registrar for preordering?

•••
vitalir said:
godaddy.

•••
likepeas said:

I dont really understand how godaddy asia's preordering works>.< let's say there are 2 people preordering the same name on godaddy for .asia, what will happen during landrush? fight it off?:D

Last edited:
•••
Check out http://20u.net/asia - $9.99/year

$7 is wholesale price.

You don't need to be an owner of an Asian company to register .Asia domains.

metronome said:
7$ for .asia??
where cud I do that?>.<

EDIT:
nah seems like if I am not an owner of a company in asia I cant register .asia right now>.<

•••
vitalir said:

I heard that DomainSite does it. You might want to try Moniker too if they have it.

•••
it will go into an auction.
metronome said:
likepeas said:

I dont really understand how godaddy asia's preordering works>.< let's say there are 2 people preordering the same name on godaddy for .asia, what will happen during landrush? fight it off?:D

•••
metronome said:
let's say there are 2 people preordering the same name on godaddy for .asia, what will happen during landrush? fight it off?:D

The highest bidder wins the name.

•••
hostingsearch said:
Check out http://20u.net/asia - $9.99/year

$7 is wholesale price.

However they note that they do NOT refund your money for unsuccessful registrations, i.e. money should be left on the account and can be used to buy other services from them, i.e. you can buy plenty of .cn names or get many free ;) I am still in the serach of a good&cheap .ASIA registrar.

•••
Cash refund will be issued if you choose to pay $15/year for your domain.

vitalir said:
However they note that they do NOT refund your money for unsuccessful registrations, i.e. money should be left on the account and can be used to buy other services from them, i.e. you can buy plenty of .cn names or get many free ;) I am still in the serach of a good&cheap .ASIA registrar.

•••
hostingsearch said:
Cash refund will be issued if you choose to pay $15/year for your domain.

Alright. BTW you seem to be an official representative? Will you refund in case of me not winning the landrush auction?

•••
vitalir said:
I am still in the serach of a good&cheap .ASIA registrar.

Moniker has it. Check out the latest news on the homepage.

•••
so that means preorder doesnt really help you if the name is also being preordered by another person, since it will go to auction anyway>.<

now I understand what is the meaning of "all of the premium names will go directly into auction" :D, I am really darn noob~~

•••
Am I correct to say that there is no need to preregister any .asia names for landrush now as they can be applied for DURING the landrush (Feb 20 - Mar 12). The auctions among multiple applicants are to start AFTER the landrush finishes (i.e. after Mar 12). All correct?

If so I see registrars dropping their reg fees, sort of "last chance offer" - 7$ each retail ;) Let's wait and see.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back