NameSilo

Are you people investing in new gTLDs?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
I just had this question in mind, if investing in new gTLDs for flipping purpose and not for development purpose, will be fruitful?
There haven't been enough sales in the new gTLds from the time they have been launched.

Are you people still investing in .COMs or are you trying your hands on new gTLDs as well?
As for me, I am occupied by the presumption that it would be better to invest in .COMs than to go for .GURU or some other gTLDs.
People(end users) are still inclined towards buying a .com domain

What is your take on this?
Should I stay with flipping .COMs or should I get into the new gTLD flipping business as well?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
gTLD's will have their place but for now .com is the safest bet.

gTLDs have / will saturate the market so flipping .com's will get tougher as more gTLDs are released.

gTLDs need to become general public knowledge to have significant value. If you do invest in a few gTLDs consider them long term investments. Try and stick with sensible keyword.keyword combos.

Rome wasnt built in a day.

Last edited:
•••
Since you're only concern is flipping, definitely stick with .com. If you like to gamble like I do, grab a couple but keep in mind that you'll most likely lose that money.

I always have a development plan with the names that I register so I have more options than just reselling.

The one thing that I've learned is that 99% of the time, you should steer clear of any extension other than (.com, .net, .org). Don't be fooled by the hype and the few random high dollar sales.

Plan accordingly. Think of the renewal fees for these new gTLDs. Any long term investment planning will cost you a small fortune.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back