Dynadot

discuss Are you looking forward to any new gTLDs?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Casey L

Top Member
Impact
I have a couple of pre-regs on some forthcoming new gTLDs but not too many. If you have any that you pre-registered or will keep an eye on once they are released please share below

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yeah I have a couple pre-regs for really good ones but I have a feeling it was a mistake pre-regging as I'm expecting an arm and leg type situation when the price comes up

•••
Yeah I have a couple pre-regs for really good ones but I have a feeling it was a mistake pre-regging as I'm expecting an arm and leg type situation when the price comes up
are yours binding preorders?

•••
I don't see much coming out that has reasonable pricing.

•••
•••
I have a few .hotels pre registered with a few popular cities, but the price has not been announced yet so we'll see if it's plausible

•••
I've got my eye on a few .CARS - but the reg price is kinda ridiculous especially considering it's not clear how the market will respond to it.

•••
I've got my eye on a few .CARS - but the reg price is kinda ridiculous especially considering it's not clear how the market will respond to it.
yea the price for that stood out to me, unless it's used.cars or something similar

•••
It does look like they are primarily targeting manufacturers and dealerships - so I guess for that type of end user the reg fees are peanuts. Definitely looking forward to how the public responds...

•••
It does look like they are primarily targeting manufacturers and dealerships - so I guess for that type of end user the reg fees are peanuts. Definitely looking forward to how the public responds...

The average domainer won't be registering these.

.car - $2,999.00 per yr.
.cars - $2,999.00 per yr.
.feedback - $2,999.00 per yr.
.auto - $2,999.00 per yr.
.protection - $2,750.00 per yr.
.security - $2,750.00 per yr

Actually they must think their targeted audience is limited with this kind of pricing or they're smoking something. ;)

•••
The average domainer won't be registering these.

.car - $2,999.00 per yr.
.cars - $2,999.00 per yr.
.feedback - $2,999.00 per yr.
.auto - $2,999.00 per yr.
.protection - $2,750.00 per yr.
.security - $2,750.00 per yr

Actually they must think their targeted audience is limited with this kind of pricing or they're smoking something. ;)
You'd think they might consider how many thousands would be registered by domainers if it cost $20 to register, then the best ones would be continually renewed by the final end users for the high prices. It seems like so much potential business is being lost by starting the prices so high

•••
You'd think they might consider how many thousands would be registered by domainers if it cost $20 to register, then the best ones would be continually renewed by the final end users for the high prices. It seems like so much potential business is being lost by starting the prices so high

Appears to be the new norm with a lot of new gTLDs. If it continues those who got in early on some of the lower reg new gTLDs will be in a better position. JMO.

•••

Well at $20 a pop they'd have to work hard to market their gTLD to domainers and end users to make huge profit. At $2999 they just need to make some press hype and make a killing in the pre-release phase. It's Opportunistic Marketing 101...but also Bad Customer Manager 201. Ultimately they'll get a boom in new-regs but massive drop in renewals from those people who can't move or develop the domains.

•••
Given the low portfolio turnover in the domain industry even $30 renewals get expensive for TLDs where the domains make zero in parking income. Higher renewals force the seller to either price higher to recoup costs or lose money. But with all the new TLDs, pricing higher puts you in a position where a buyer can just choose a less costly alternative. Just typing in several keywords into Godaddy Auctions and see the competing alternatives. How likely are you to sell a particular domain given all the competing alternatives?

•••
I have a couple of pre-regs on some forthcoming new gTLDs but not too many. If you have any that you pre-registered or will keep an eye on once they are released please share below
-------------------
WHERE can I find the gTLDs that are coming and there prices? I have been wondering the above.
Thanks,
Serry

•••
-------------------
WHERE can I find the gTLDs that are coming and there prices? I have been wondering the above.
Thanks,
Serry
there are many of uniteddomains.com

•••
there are many of uniteddomains.com
--------------------
What is the registrar of .RICH smoking? $1990 is insane. Can someone tell me why anyone would spend that kinda money? Do you think domain investors would hand reg on speculation? What is the renewal fee, I didn't see.

•••
--------------------
What is the registrar of .RICH smoking? $1990 is insane. Can someone tell me why anyone would spend that kinda money? Do you think domain investors would hand reg on speculation? What is the renewal fee, I didn't see.
Renewal for that is also $1990. My thoughts were if you have first year prices low, then you place these new gtlds in the hands of domainers who can try to market them to potential end users. I don't know how an end user would stumble upon a new gtld at a registrar with thousands to choose from, see the insane prices and be expected to buy one.

•••
.boo, only one I care about - http://www.enom.com/domains/boo-domain-registration

Just so I can get yaa.boo and yah.boo because I like saying Boo-Yah or Boo-Yaa out loud sometimes. Try it, say it real loud. And I also wanted to be like everybody else in getting words in the wrong order.

Boo-Yaa

Last edited:
•••
maybe the .rich guys are only targeting people that consider their reg. fee pocket money ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back