IT.COM

.tv Are these worth renewing?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I've held a small .tv portfolio for a few years, but haven't been paying much attention to the market. Now it's renewal time. I am wondering how the market is going, especially for one word domains like these:

regions.tv
population.tv
lightbulb.tv
slingshot.tv
quilts.tv
lynx.tv
juniper.tv
isis.tv

Mostly trying to decide if there's enough value here to warrant renewals..

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
there's a group out there in Iraq / Syria who might be keen to get isis.tv. I would not sell it to them though because that's just wrong.

•••
Haha, hilarious.

On a serious note, you should bundle them and put them up for auction and see if they attract any interest.

I personally wouldn't renew.

•••
Try and list them together for auction somewhere, I probably wouldnt renew but I also wouldn't drop without trying an auction.

•••
I have fair bit of experience & i personally wouldn't reg / renew any of them.

lynx.tv is only one i'd even consider as it looks / sounds brandable but there's good chance you will struggle to sell it, you would be relying on an enduser coming calling at some stage which is bit of a lottery.

•••
Where would you auction them? Sedo? Where are .tv's doing the best?

•••
Just my view - I see no reason to renew or even waste time trying to auction them. No experienced .TV investor is going to bid on them. The new TLDs have created massive supply & registrars have shifted their attention toward promoting new TLDs rather than sales of premiums in other extensions.

•••
Where would you auction them? Sedo? Where are .tv's doing the best?

Best places to auction .TV domains would likely be either 7-Day GoDaddy Auction, or Flippa auction. But, as you can see by some of the "Just Sold" .TV domains on Flippa Here, the .TV extension hasn't really picked up on Flippa. At least, not yet anyways..

•••

lynx.tv is only one i'd even consider as it looks / sounds brandable but there's good chance you will struggle to sell it
Have to agree, lynx.tv is the only one remotely worth renewing.

And if you're thinking of trying GoDaddy Auctions, you had better act FAST else you'll pay 2X commissions from today's rate, beginning sometime next week. You have the option to set a reserve if you so desire.

•••
I've held a small .tv portfolio for a few years, but haven't been paying much attention to the market. Now it's renewal time. I am wondering how the market is going, especially for one word domains like these:

regions.tv
population.tv
lightbulb.tv
slingshot.tv
quilts.tv
lynx.tv
juniper.tv
isis.tv

Mostly trying to decide if there's enough value here to warrant renewals..

Thanks.

.TV's aren't hugely popular, even single word ones unfortunately.

ISIS.tv is a domain worth keeping though.

•••
I'd keep Lynx (very nice imo) and Isis (as in the goddess). Zero experience w/ resellers or experts paying decent money for .TV; fair money is with the enduser and not at any of the marketplaces mentioned so far based on my experience.

•••

lynx.tv is only one i'd even consider as it looks / sounds brandable but there's good chance you will struggle to sell it, you would be relying on an enduser coming calling at some stage which is bit of a lottery.
Lynx is a deodorant brand!! You could potentially be in trouble with a TM lawsuit on your hands. You better not be parking it, that's for sure. All these people recommending keeping a TM domain as a "nice" name lol.

All the names are complete garbage imo & would drop them all.

•••
Back