NameSilo

Are domain back orders public?

Labeled as discuss in General Domain Discussion, started by Rory Ivey, May 29, 2016

Replies:
Views:

1. Rory Ivey

Rory Ivey Top Contributor VIP

can the domain owner or others see if their domain is backordered? Even if only one person backordered it?

I backordered a name that long expired and shortly after it was renewed...so I am just curious if owner saw interest?

If you can see a backordered where can you find such info?

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. kandyan

kandyan Top Contributor VIP

I receive emails from my registrar If some one back ordered any of my expired domains.. In that case I go and renew it.. :) - may be that's one of the scenario's..

3. Rory Ivey

Ok, so that explains it.. I won't be ever using that service again....dang #Godaddy

4. kandyan

NO... It's not Godaddy.. they don't do that.. they'd rather let it go for auction, in that way they can make more than reg fee..

5. Rory Ivey

That's what I was expecting; really thought I had the name...
    Godaddy was showing a expired domain page...saying it was expired a month ago(April). Right after I backordered, then that page was no longer there... Now whois databases show the name renewed in April. Godaddy whois only showed the name expired in April.

6. korganian

korganian Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Which registrar notifies you of a back order on your domains?

7. kandyan

Namesilo

I had few domains expired.. then I received an email or two stating that some had placed a bid on it.. I didn't verify it but I renewed my domains anyway..

I was only Alluding that may be one of the scenario's

8. kandyan

I've read it in "Domain Name Wire" (If I remember correctly..) An expired/auction list of domains sold for X price which had a Y number of Backorders.. etc..

Just try contacting Andrew Alleman.. whether He know the trick?

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice