Dynadot

Are 6N.coms, with a 4, even worth reg fee?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Fancy.domains

Top Member
Impact
I should probably have better knowledge about this myself. However, I can see that you can get a NNNNNN.com with 4, or sometimes even a 0 in it, for pretty much reg fee at NP auctions or on some drop catch services.

What are your thoughts?

- Are people actually dropping these and are some available to hand reg again?

- Are you able to sell them yourself? If yes, for how much?

- Should you try to sell these VERY cheap and focus on better quality NNNNNN or even NNNNN, for some more money? Probably a leading question. :P

Ps. I am referring to lower quality 6N names. I understand that 884888 dot com is a valuble domain.

Thanks for your ideas!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The renewal bubble of 6N is roughly now through mid-Sep when approximately 700,000 domains were registered to buyout in 2015.

Random patterns with 0 or 4 are now worth less than reg fee in Chinese markets. I expect a huge number of these will be dropped. If you own obvious patterns, even with 0,4, these are more highly valued by Chinese investors- who control this market and are very disciplined about buying the best patterns they can afford.

•••
The renewal bubble of 6N is roughly now through mid-Sep when approximately 700,000 domains were registered to buyout in 2015.

Random patterns with 0 or 4 are now worth less than reg fee in Chinese markets. I expect a huge number of these will be dropped. If you own obvious patterns, even with 0,4, these are more highly valued by Chinese investors- who control this market and are very disciplined about buying the best patterns they can afford.

Great reply. Thanks!

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back