domains April 2020 Domain Sales – Total dollar volume down $700,000 from March

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
Looking back at April 2020 Domain Sales. Here we will examine domain sales and data trends for certain naming categories. April saw Namebio reporting 10,182 sales vs 9,941 sales in March. While the number of sales was up in April over March, dollar volumes were down $700,000 in April compared to March 2020. The average […] Changed things up a bit gave you a few more quick stats for easy viewing

Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for the report @equity78

Quick question tho, I've started keeping track of Namebio daily market reports here

Reached Total:
April ~$7.7m
March~$7.4m

Which shows +$300k in April comparing to March... so your and my tracking is $1m off.... any ideas how come?

I would say your numbers are completely off, Namebio was not $7.7m and you don't have to track that you just go to Namebio on the first of the month and look at the last month. I am not sure why you would need the extra work, because Michael gets data sent to him all the time, and it's not always in the daily reports which is not the best way to track Namebio at all in my experience

•••
•••
Superb report - really like way structured.

Will be interesting to see if the drop in dollar volume continues next month, or not.

Tech very popular, both at start and end of word.

Just 3 six-figure sales in month, and the highest bier .de only about $160k.

Thanks again, @equity78 - look forward to these each month.

Bob

•••
Superb report - really like way structured.

Will be interesting to see if the drop in dollar volume continues next month, or not.

Tech very popular, both at start and end of word.

Just 3 six-figure sales in month, and the highest bier .de only about $160k.

Thanks again, @equity78 - look forward to these each month.

Bob

Thanks Bob changed a few things this month. Glad you enjoyed it.

•••
Looking forward to May's sales, hopefully one of mine gets included in that list ;)

•••
Just started domain investing and this type of report encouraging me to keep patience... it will......

The biggest thing you should be focusing on is where some of the most popular keywords are selling and what their average sales price month in and month out figures out to be, it will help keep things in perspective and not to have unrealistic expectations.

•••
Thanks for the info.

Reasoning for the Daily/Weekly track over March - April was to see if there was any visible Sales $ volatility /market reaction, based on the virus spread/news/lockdowns/information.

In terms of the methodology, I was just taking the Daily Market Report Sales data and adding them up on a weekly & end of the month basis, so the $7.7m is reflective of those reports - but as you say, it's just a snapshot at a certain time.

I'm perfectly OK with data not being completely accurate as Michael receives data throughout, it just shows that the methodology of tracking daily has its limits, but it's just interesting how the numbers are off. (probably self-reporting / data flow delay)

March $7.4m (Daily added up) vs $9.4m (reported)
April $7.7m (Daily added up) vs $8.7m (reported)

"go to Namebio on the first of the month and look at the last month" - I'm also struggling to find this, could you please point me to the section? I can see the daily reports, I can see the graph on the first page with average prices, but can't see the Monthly total.

Really interesting stuff, thanks again @equity78!
There’s a Date Range filter on the home page where you can select Past Month. Right below the results table is a sections with stats like how many sales, total dollar volume, average price, etc.

Ray is correct, we get a lot of data added in after the Daily Market Reports are published, and we don’t go back and update them. For example an overwhelming majority of Sedo data is not in those reports and comes from weekly spreadsheets.

•••
•••
•••
Thanks for the report @equity78

Quick question tho, I've started keeping track of Namebio daily market reports here

Reached Total:
April ~$7.7m
March~$7.4m

Which shows +$300k in April comparing to March... so your and my tracking is $1m off.... any ideas how come?

•••
Noticed shopify.link on the list? Isn't "shopify" a TM??

•••
Noticed shopify.link on the list? Isn't "shopify" a TM??

Yes and a weird scenario that there is a reported sale, because it was lost in a UDRP
1886309 Transferred UDRP 2020-03-03 2020-03-30

•••
Shopify.org sold for $5,000

•••
Just started domain investing and this type of report encouraging me to keep patience... it will......

•••
The biggest thing you should be focusing on is where some of the most popular keywords are selling and what their average sales price month in and month out figures out to be, it will help keep things in perspective and not to have unrealistic expectations.

Can you give me some idea to research more...I know little bit but your advice can help me to research more.

•••
•••
•••
I would say your numbers are completely off, Namebio was not $7.7m and you don't have to track that you just go to Namebio on the first of the month and look at the last month. I am not sure why you would need the extra work, because Michael gets data sent to him all the time, and it's not always in the daily reports which is not the best way to track Namebio at all in my experience

Thanks for the info.

Reasoning for the Daily/Weekly track over March - April was to see if there was any visible Sales $ volatility /market reaction, based on the virus spread/news/lockdowns/information.

In terms of the methodology, I was just taking the Daily Market Report Sales data and adding them up on a weekly & end of the month basis, so the $7.7m is reflective of those reports - but as you say, it's just a snapshot at a certain time.

I'm perfectly OK with data not being completely accurate as Michael receives data throughout, it just shows that the methodology of tracking daily has its limits, but it's just interesting how the numbers are off. (probably self-reporting / data flow delay)

March $7.4m (Daily added up) vs $9.4m (reported)
April $7.7m (Daily added up) vs $8.7m (reported)

"go to Namebio on the first of the month and look at the last month" - I'm also struggling to find this, could you please point me to the section? I can see the daily reports, I can see the graph on the first page with average prices, but can't see the Monthly total.

Really interesting stuff, thanks again @equity78!

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back