domain Appraisals on five short two word domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

vimalPatra

Established Member
Impact
I have these five domains that I am selling, can anyone suggest the expected minimum amount i should use?
Here:
1. Apparelszone.com
2. Apparelspark.com
3. Departcart.com
4. Socialpan.com
5. Socialpiss.com

I know these domains are great, anyways I was selling many many more domains last year, but eventually i dropped all of their prices by a huge margin, and i sold one of my domain which is " SOCIALHELL.com " at just 70$. I think that was too shabby. Anyways, any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Rego fee. My advice is drop them and start reading about domain names before you buy anymore.

•••
I know these domains are great,

What makes you think these are great? They don't even make sense. 'social piss'? 'depart cart'? What kind of business would want those?

•••
sorry to say but i don't see any value

•••
Sorry for the bucket of cold water, but you asked... I have to concur with all of the aforementioned. None of these 5 names represent any value, IMO.

One other thing: "short" and "two word" domains is a contradiction in terms. Short domains are 5 (some would say 4) characters or less.

•••
Well, All of you guys maybe right. But I have seen worse to worst domain getting sold at higher prices. And One more thing, Not everyone will be starting business with every domain they buy, people can have different websites for different purposes. For Instance, can't you use apparelszone / apparelspark for your clothing store and departcart can even be used for an ecommerce site or a courier providing company. I am saying these from my experience in web development and have seen so foolish names being used for sites, even the best sites in my country are much as same like these names. So Am i wrong again?

•••
Well, All of you guys maybe right. But I have seen worse to worst domain getting sold at higher prices. And One more thing, Not everyone will be starting business with every domain they buy, people can have different websites for different purposes. For Instance, can't you use apparelszone / apparelspark for your clothing store and departcart can even be used for an ecommerce site or a courier providing company. I am saying these from my experience in web development and have seen so foolish names being used for sites, even the best sites in my country are much as same like these names. So Am i wrong again?
If you are an expert in domain flipping you can flip these domains IMO.

•••
we are just giving an honest opinion, we aren't being mean. the names provided are not proper English terms;

would sound better:

Apparel Zone
Apparel Park

with the s the term sounds very clumsy.

DepartCart doesn't make sense. PartCart sounds better

Social Pan doesn't make sense and either - SocialPlan is what i think you were going for.

SocialPiss - is just not good, sorry - no one is social when they are going to the washroom.

SocialHell was the only name you mentioned that had resale value.

•••
...I am saying these from my experience in web development and have seen so foolish names being used for sites, even the best sites in my country are much as same like these names. So Am i wrong again?
Agreed, but most such "foolish" names, as you describe them, are the result of hand registrations costing low $xx and not $x,xxx or even $xxx aftermarket acquisitions.

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back