Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

yandig

Say DomainsTop Member
Impact
I recently received an e-mail from someone interested in one of my domains:

Hi,
I saw your domain listed for sale.
Is it still available for sale? Have you received any bids from other buyers?
If it's still available for sale please email me your asking price.
If you have other good domains for sale feel free to email me the full list with asking prices.
If I can afford your domain I will contact you. Please don't send me multiple emails if you don't receive a reply from me and keep my email address and our correspondence confidential.
Just email me your asking price. If I decide to buy I will contact you as soon as possible.

So I sent reply:

Hi xxxxxxx,

Thanks for your interest in xxxxxxxx.com
As you know, good .com names are hard to come by these days. I have had some interest in the domain, but have not sold it yet.
I think a reasonable asking price is mid-xxx based on the length, brandability and recognition the name possesses. In fact, I use the following website to appraise domain names, or at least give me a good idea of value:

http://www.urlbuyers.com/valuation.cfm

the valuation I got for xxxxxxxx.com was $xxx based on the parameters I selected.

I am open to negotiation, and will keep our correspondence confidential. Even if the price you are willing to pay is well under my asking price, I would appreciate a response so I will be able to better determine fair prices in the future.

Today, I got the following reply:

Thak you for suggestion to use the appraisal service.
But your appraisal looks like an auto-generated appraisal. I trust only manual appraisals.
I may recommend several well known sites that provides good manula appraisals.
http://www.FastDomainsales.com
http://www.GreatDomains.com
http://www.AllForDomains.com

They are all provide professional appraisal service.
After we verify an appraisal from you we'll continue negotiations.

What should I think about his reply? I don't want to pay for an appraisal on one of my own names, especially when I don't know what the outcome will be. Please give opinons & advice how to proceed. Is this an appraisal scam? Sorry this is so long...

Thanks,

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
Thanks redleg,

The letter looks similar to one in the post link you listed.
Here's the e-mail address this guy was using, so everyone will know to stay away.
"Michael Murphy" <[email protected]>
scammers rot

•••
Not sure what good it will do, but I e-mailed the abuse contact at toughguy.net : [email protected]

•••
Good.. :)

But you could try to e-mail him back again, it's always fun to play with those guys.. :lol:

Tell him that were recommended to use http://www.swiftappraisal.com/step1.php and it said that your domain was wort $30,000, but you are willing to sell it for $15,000 to him, since he sounds like a nice guy.. :D

•••
:lol: , :lol: and double :lol:

I did just check my mailbox, and guess what I found there... :D

Hi,

I saw your domain listed for sale.

Is it still available for sale? Have you received any bids from other buyers?

If it's still available for sale please email me your asking price.

If you have other good domains for sale feel free to email me the full list with asking prices.

If I can afford your domain I will contact you. Please don't send me multiple emails if you don't receive a reply from me and keep my email address and our correspondence confidential.
Just email me your asking price. If I decide to buy I will contact you as soon as possible.

I run a software development company. We provide custom software development in Linux, Windows XP, MS Access, MS SQL, PHP and Delphi for our clients in USA, Hong Kong, UK and Switzerland. Selling & buying names is not my main business. Just another way to invest free money and make some income.

Kindest regards,

Michael Murphy

CEO

MCSE, MCSD

Murphy SC Group

Products/Services:Billing-Direct, Cost Analysis & Revenue Assurance Software

Going to have some fun with him now... 8-X :laugh:

•••
I want one, I want one lol

•••
Redleg said:
Good.. :)

But you could try to e-mail him back again, it's always fun to play with those guys.. :lol:

Tell him that were recommended to use http://www.swiftappraisal.com/step1.php and it said that your domain was wort $30,000, but you are willing to sell it for $15,000 to him, since he sounds like a nice guy.. :D
lol FUN!

•••
Mail him saying youve sold the domain but would he be interested in another domain that might be for sale at the right price, www.ifccfbi.gov

Enjoy your fun

•••
Sorry for hijacking your thread yandig..

But the fun is on... :D

Got a reply now:

11,000. Ok.

Do you sell a developed site or just domain name? We are mostly interested
in domains without web content.

We need an appraisal for domains priced in your range.

Our partners (webmasters and domain owners) always recommend us to verify an
independent appraisal first. It would be fair for both of us.

Do you have an appraisal certificate for your name? Please note that we
don't trust free or unprofessional appraisals from companies like
www.valuations4u.com, www.swiftapraisal.com etc. We have been already burned
after accepting such appraisals in the past.

We trust appraisal certificates from www.FastDomainSales.com or
www.GreatDomains.com. It does not matter because each company from this list
was recommended to us by experienced experts.

After we verify an appraisal from you we'll continue negotiations.

How do you prefer to get paid: www.PayPal.com, www.escrow.com, check or
wire?

Looking forward to your reply.

I'll say that I think fastodomainsales.com sounds a bit expensive, so I've submited my name(s) to GreatDomains.com now, but it will take up to 7 days to get an answer..
So I will knock another $1000 of the price if he's willing to buy the names now.. :D

I love this so much.. :lol:

•••
Just talking to myself here, please stop me if you don't want to hear any more about it.. :)

But it find it quite amusing to waste that scammers time.. :lol:

Got a reply again now, and it looks like he's getting pretty fed up already..

I told him that I've submited my domians for a free appraisal at Greatdomains, but it looked like it would take 7 business days to get it..
So I was willing to knock of another $1k from the price if he wanted to buy the names (3 of them) right now.. :)

I don't ghink it's free. It looks like you submitted your name for listing.
I need an appraisal certificate not the listing.

my reply to that one:
Oh, I see...
Sorry about that, I haven't tried them before...
I can't find a specific appraisal link on greatdomains.com, do you know
where it is on the site??

Anyone else who wants to mail this guy and try to sell them some of your domains??
You can tell him that he's been highly recommended by a friend of yours, for his professionalism and politeness.. :D

Last edited:
•••
And the story continues.. :D

I see you like to have some fun. Just saw how you smiled while sending me
the last message. Yes, I can see your face through the Interenet!

I just read about a scammer who are selling stolen names through auctions
and forums.

Now I'm afraid to buy your name. Are you that scammer?

They wrote Lars was your nick name. Your anothe nick name is DomainBustard.
But your real name Mr. Gay F***r and you like to suck black c***s. Is it
true? By the way, I'm black so we can meet somewhere where you can show me
your outstanding perfomance. My black s waiting for you!

Oh, oh, I see a smile on your face again!!!!

Nice guy... :lol:

•••
•••
Wow, this scammer is not only annoying, but he's also quite rude!

•••
I like how the original letter is very well written, grammatically correct , etc... By the 3rd or 4th e-mail, it's degenerated to what you see above. The original was obviuosly written by someone else. No, there's no scammers here!
:lol:

•••
The oh so black, Michael Murphy... I'll be in Dublin this weekend - i'll keep my eyes open for him.....

Top o'the mornin Michael.

•••
I got the same email about a month back but these guys saved me :)

The guys email address [email protected] ?

Can anything be done about him doing this can we report him the any 1 ?

•••
Well, I reported him to the contact info at toughguy.net
I got a form e-mail sent within an hour saying that there wasn't anything they could do, that it wasn't their fault, and he probably wasn't even sending his e-mails from that address.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back