Status
Not open for further replies.

Laguna

Top Member
Impact
Please appraise
Performance rental cars.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Maybe a few hundred to one of the big rental car companies... but I don't like the chances of selling this one.

•••
Maybe a few hundred to one of the big rental car companies... but I don't like the chances of selling this one.
Thanks Joe, that better than reg fee

•••
My first thought is, I like it.... Doing a basic search, I found multiple companies that can use this domain as a definate upgrade. It would probably mean some outbounding would be required for a quick sale. Best of luck to you!

•••
My first thought is, I like it.... Doing a basic search, I found multiple companies that can use this domain as a definate upgrade. It would probably mean some outbounding would be required for a quick sale. Best of luck to you!
Super curious to see all the companies that would consider this name an upgrade! Could you post some links?

•••
Super curious to see all the companies that would consider this name an upgrade! Could you post some links?
Google search. I would rather not link out of respect for OP's domain. I am in Los Angeles area and several popped up. There are multiple performance rental car companies. One similar domain I found uses a .US, which is a sort of unknown by the average consumer, as country codes are seldom used around here.

•••
Google search. I would rather not link out of respect for OP's domain. I am in Los Angeles area and several popped up. There are multiple performance rental car companies. One similar domain I found uses a .US, which is a sort of unknown by the average consumer, as country codes are seldom used around here.
Link away! This thread already shows up on page 4 for me. :)

The reason I asked is because I found zero companies who would consider this name an upgrade. So I'm very curious to see what you found. Maybe just post the urls with some extra spaces so it won't show up in search.

•••
PerformanceCarRental.com and the rental plural looks to be available for regfee

•••
Performance Rentals .us

Performance driving group .com

Here's a link to a company badly needing a domain like such:
https://m.facebook.com/lHypel/

Last edited:
•••
Performance Rentals .us
Cool. So in this case, "Performance Rentals" is the actual name of the company. How would OP explain to them that this name is an upgrade over their current one?

Keep in mind that while this name might be .com, it's actually longer, and doesn't match the company name.

•••
performancerentalsinc.com available. so they didn't even have interest in dot comming their full name. Which means they only are targeting Performance Rentals (dont want car)

•••
Cool. So in this case, "Performance Rentals" is the actual name of the company. How would OP explain to them that this name is an upgrade over their current one?

Keep in mind that while this name might be .com, it's actually longer, and doesn't match the company name.
Absolutely nobody uses the country code in America. I see your from Canada. I hear it is much different there. This is .com territory. The best way to get a blank stare is mention .US.......I am absolutely sure that this company is tired of explaining .US....

Performance Car Rentals .com is an absolute upgrade over Performance Rentals .US.

•••
Performance driving group .com

Here's a link to a company badly needing a domain like such:
https://m.facebook.com/lHypel/

So that first site is more of a race management business... They do rent cars for their events, but it's not their core business. Not a good target.

The second site does indeed need an upgrade... but their webpage is down, so I doubt they're in the market.

•••
Absolutely nobody uses the country code in America. I see your from Canada. I hear it is much different there. This is .com territory. The best way to get a blank stare is mention .US.......I am absolutely sure that this company is tired of explaining .US....

Performance Car Rentals .com is an absolute upgrade over Performance Rentals .US.
Not when we're talking about a brick and mortar, locally targeted business that's probably operated by two guys.

The .us may not be a world beater, but it suits their needs. Most importantly, the domain matches their company name!

They're worth approaching, but I wouldn't count on a sale here. And I definitely wouldn't promote the name as an "upgrade".

•••
You should register it and pitch it yourself for a fast sale! Like @johname said... it's currently available.

OP's name is PerformanceRentalCars.

•••
You should register it and pitch it yourself for a fast sale! Like @johname said... it's currently available.

OP's name is PerformanceRentalCars.
How much do you think I said the name is worth?

•••
How much do you think I said the name is worth?
You didn't say. You said OP should go for a quick sale to one of the multiple companies who could use the name as an upgrade.

•••
You didn't say. You said OP should go for a quick sale to one of the multiple companies who could use the name as an upgrade.
Exactly! If you dont like it dont worry about it.

•••
Exactly! If you dont like it dont worry about it.
That would be unfair to the OP, who is looking for some well-thought out feedback that he can actually use. I'm sure your intentions were good, but your advice was off-base, and did more to hurt the OP than help him.

It's a discussion forum! If you're going to post advice and opinions, you need to be ready to back them up.

•••
That would be unfair to the OP, who is looking for some well-thought out feedback that he can actually use. I'm sure your intentions were good, but your advice was off-base, and did more to hurt the OP than help him.

It's a discussion forum! If you're going to post advice and opinions, you need to be ready to back them up.
I did back up my opinions. If you can't accept the answers than there's not much else to discuss.

I gave you three possible candidates that I found in less than a minute. If I cared to take the time I am sure there would be many more candidates as I would scan all the major cities. The list of companies that could use this as an upgrade would be long. I stand by my original post. You can agree or disagree.

•••
I did back up my opinions. If you can't accept the answers than there's not much else to discuss.

I gave you three possible candidates that I found in less than a minute. If I cared to take the time I am sure there would be many more candidates as I would scan all the major cities. The list of companies that could use this as an upgrade would be long. I stand by my original post. You can agree or disagree.
I must have missed that post.

So your appraisal for OP is: "Do some searching and set your own price." :)

I do disagree. But I'm sure you'll give more thought to your next appraisal.

•••
So your appraisal for OP is: "Do some searching and set your own price." :)

I never said, "Do some searching and set your own price."

If your going to challenge my opinion you should not misparaphrase me. When you do that the entire context of the conversation becomes misconstrued.

•••
I never said, "Do some searching and set your own price."

If your going to challenge my opinion you should not misparaphrase me. When you do that the entire context of the conversation becomes misconstrued.
You didn't give a price range or any leads that OP could use... and then you said:
If I cared to take the time I am sure there would be many more candidates as I would scan all the major cities. The list of companies that could use this as an upgrade would be long.
Feel free to set us straight. :)

•••
You didn't give a price range or any leads that OP could use... and then you said:

Feel free to set us straight. :)
Right..:xf.grin:

Please show us where I said, "Do some searching and set your own price."

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back