Dynadot

AOL's e-shop "in-store.com"

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
AOL just launched their own eshop named : in-store.com
Now here is an interesting fact, why AOL uses in-store.com instead of instore.com?
Of course both domain were registered few years ago, as whois shows, instore.com registered at 19-Mar-1999 by a Norwegian company, and in-store.com registered at Jan 27 2001 with AOL. However, if you checked the archive.org you may find that the original registrant of in-store.com was a Korean who listed this domain for sale with $2k.
So in-store.com should be bought by AOL later.
Though instore.com is a living site and in-store was not, I think if AOL wants to buy they can do it without problem or AOL may find other alternative domains without the "hyphen".
So maybe AOL does not mind they promote a big project with a hyphenated domain, do you think it would be a great help to increase the value of the hyphenated domains?
I wonder will AOL end up buying the non-hyphenated instore.com finally?
:blink:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi,

I think that InStore.com or In-Store.com are terrible names for project of that magnitude.

They are simply showcasing other peoples goods just like Froogle and Yahoo.

Why don't they call it Showcases or anything better than what they picked?

Cheers,

Showcase :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back