Domain Empire

Anyone Tried Facebook Advertising Yet?

NameSilo
Watch
I already created an advert on Facebook, and set up the campaign in the hope to obtain targeted visitors (or as many visitors as possible, period). I haven't paid for anything yet, I am just reading as much as possible online about people's experience with it.

Has anyone in here tried Facebook advertising yet, did you have a positive experience?

I see the ads on the sidebar, but I must admit I don't really click on them. But in this case, I don't know whose fault that is - if the advertisers had better adverts that would make anyone want to click on these ads, then I would have probably done so. So a great advert is also a contributing factor to a successful campaign.

In the past, I've tried Adwords, and I remember getting some sign ups through that, but I've never tried Facebook. Anyone out there who have had a negative experience?

Thanks for your help.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's the mistake that the analyse system with the insights or behaviour that belongs to you. You don't click on them, I don't do it neither, but somebody does.

I used Facebook for advertising so many times. I can say that, you don't have a chance to find something powerful at targeting and performance-based advertising than Facebook's products. Facebook gives you a chance to target your ad to the individuals. And this makes your ad more effective and decreases your expenses.

Other than that, you can optimise your ads with new wordings, images. So you can increase your ads' performance. I can decrease CPC to $0.04 or $0.05 with optimising and targeting, so it's unbelievably successful.

•••
Thanks for sharing your experience and opinion Paranoidandroidiot.

Quite a while back I read some articles about Facebook advertisers' experiences, claiming that they had very low click rates. Then the week before I had started this thread, a webmaster friend of mine had it on his status message, that he had about 20'000 page impressions with 0% clicks. So all that made me very hesitant.

Nevertheless, I will try it out anyway. :)

•••
As I said before, it's important to optimise your ads and make targeting to the point. If so, you can increase your conversion. Try to focus on optimising and targeting.

•••
I tried Facebook advertising for two different projects. One of them was web hosting related website and the second one an outdoor game. While I had no luck with the web hosting campaign, the outdoor game campaign was working very well. In fact, it was much better and much cheaper than Google Adsense. I guess it is because people on facebook are looking for entertainment and not for buying goods or services.

•••
I never used FB advertising but a friend of mine tried it recently for his travel portal in Dubai. He said that the FB promotion really worked for him. He got alot of publicity for it. I guess its all about what your idea is and what is your target group.

The other day I saw a page about custom made designed watches in FB being promoted, i found it interesting and if I ever want to order one, I would definitely approach them. I believe social media ads are more effective than email marketing. Nowadays people are addicted to social media, depends on how exciting they keep social media with new ideas.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back