IT.COM

information Anyone suffer from Sciatic Nerve pain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have been meaning to pass this along for a while now.

If you suffer from Sciatic Nerve pain I have a treatment for you to try.
I use to suffer from it for a long time and then a few years ago I came across this simple little Yoga breathing technique and my pain goes away for a few months.

Its incredible how a simple little breathing technique can help but it does.

My wife finally tried it and a few friends tried it and it has helped them as well.

So if you suffer from sciatic nerve pain (which really sucks) watch this video.
"Core Exercises for Back Pain" by Michaelle Edwards

Do exactly what she says, the part you really want to watch starts at 3:40
I hope this helps anyone with sciatic nerve pain, good luck (y)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I did suffer with it some years back, had to roll out the bed as opposed to standing up, was in my left hip, it went in for several years and just disappeared, haven’t had a problem with it since.

very intense take your breath away pain

•••
I have been meaning to pass this along for a while now.

If you suffer from Sciatic Nerve pain I have a treatment for you to try.
I use to suffer from it for a long time and then a few years ago I came across this simple little Yoga breathing technique and my pain goes away for a few months.

Its incredible how a simple little breathing technique can help but it does.

My wife finally tried it and a few friends tried it and it has helped them as well.

So if you suffer from sciatic nerve pain (which really sucks) watch this video.
"Core Exercises for Back Pain" by Michaelle Edwards

Do exactly what she says, the part you really want to watch starts at 3:40
I hope this helps anyone with sciatic nerve pain, good luck (y)

I had self-diagnosed piriformis syndrome "A disorder in which the piriformis muscle in the buttocks irritates the sciatic nerve." Posted about it when I had it in the Shoot the Shit thread.

I think it was a leg day gone bad, was a little off for about 1.5 years, then it got real bad. Never went to doctor, only go if I get hit by a bus or something. Figured they would recommend back surgery or something, when maybe they would have just prescribed some anti-inflammatories. Worst pain I ever felt in my life. Almost passed out twice becauase of the pain, was close to calling 911 once.

Tried all sorts of things. Every paid med, new cushion, new chair, new massager, pain wraps, foam roller, heating pads, ice pads, TENS Unit etc.

Then I tried Inflammatone at Amazon, I think that did the trick plus piriformis exercises.

This is a great channel Bob and Brad physical therapists, almost 1.7 million subs. Lots of sciatic videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/physicaltherapyvideo

I haven't done leg day in like a year and a half, need to start again. Don't want to go thru it again but I should and even if I get it, at least I know what caused it. Still not 100% if it was that.

Funny guys and people that actually know what they're talking about.

Last edited:
•••
I had self-diagnosed piriformis syndrome "A disorder in which the piriformis muscle in the buttocks irritates the sciatic nerve." Posted about it when I had it in the Shoot the sh*t thread.

I think it was a leg day gone bad, was a little off for about 1.5 years, then it got real bad. Never went to doctor, only go if I get hit by a bus or something. Figured they would recommend back surgery or something, when maybe they would have just prescribed some anti-inflammatories. Worst pain I ever felt in my life. Almost passed out twice becauase of the pain, was close to calling 911 once.

Tried all sorts of things. Every paid med, new cushion, new chair, new massager, pain wraps, foam roller, heating pads, ice pads, TENS Unit etc.

Then I tried Inflammatone at Amazon, I think that did the trick plus piriformis exercises.

This is a great channel Bob and Brad physical therapists, almost 1.7 million subs. Lots of sciatic videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/physicaltherapyvideo

I haven't done leg day in like a year and a half, need to start again. Don't want to go thru it again but I should and even if I get it, at least I know what caused it. Still not 100% if it was that.

very interesting.

I tried all the pillows, muscle relaxer, I tried pretty much everything and nothing really worked, the only I got any relief was to lay flat in a hard surface , the floor mainly. I agree, the pain is almost indescribable, the intensity of the pain is different than anything I had and have ever felt before.

•••
very interesting.

I tried all the pillows, muscle relaxer, I tried pretty much everything and nothing really worked, the only I got any relief was to lay flat in a hard surface , the floor mainly. I agree, the pain is almost indescribable, the intensity of the pain is different than anything I had and have ever felt before.

Yeah, it's annoying because I'm not 100% sure it was the leg day gone bad but pretty sure. Your rolling out of bed reminded me of some of it. At the worst, I would take 2 steps and drop and get in fetal position to get the pain from a 9 to a 7 or 6. Couldn't walk out to get the mail. When I would eat, put 2 chairs together, head was below the table because I couldn't sit up straight. Couldn't turn in bed etc.

I think the Inflammatone pills are what really did the trick, they're like my magic pills. Was getting desperate and once I started taking them, slowly got better. And it makes sense, something to handle the inflammation. In my case, inflamed muscle pushing against sciatic nerve.

You can read the reviews - https://www.amazon.com/Designs-Health-Inflammatone-Nutrients-Proteolytic/dp/B004AP4PA2/

This cleared up my husbands plantar fasciitis after trying many other things.

For a "natural" product I was surprised how great this works. Suffering from a terrible pinched nerve and this curbs the pain so I can function.

Whom ever came up with this concoction I see you as a hero. I suffer from restless legs, sciatic nerve pain, and just all around aches and pains. This is by far the best pain reliever on the market it takes care of all my pain. Thanks again

Last edited:
•••
Yeah, it's annoying because I'm not 100% sure it was the leg day gone bad but pretty sure. Your rolling out of bed reminded me of some of it. At the worst, I would take 2 steps and drop and get in fetal position to get the pain from a 9 to a 7 or 6. Couldn't walk out to get the mail. When I would eat, put 2 chairs together, head was below the table because I couldn't sit up straight. Couldn't turn in bed etc.

I think the Inflammatone pills are what really did the trick, they're like my magic pills. Was getting desperate and once I started taking them, slowly got better. And it makes sense, something to handle the inflammation. In my case, inflamed muscle pushing against sciatic nerve.

You can read the reviews - https://www.amazon.com/Designs-Health-Inflammatone-Nutrients-Proteolytic/dp/B004AP4PA2/

This cleared up my husbands plantar fasciitis after trying many other things.

For a "natural" product I was surprised how great this works. Suffering from a terrible pinched nerve and this curbs the pain so I can function.

Yep, same here, couldn’t turn in the bed. Doctors didn’t really know to much about it in the late 80s through early 90s , you did just as well not to go to a doctor, I probably spent several thousand dollars on it with doctors , with zero results from them.

•••
I did suffer with it some years back, had to roll out the bed as opposed to standing up, was in my left hip, it went in for several years and just disappeared, haven’t had a problem with it since.

very intense take your breath away pain
I don't wish that pain on anyone.

I had self-diagnosed piriformis syndrome "A disorder in which the piriformis muscle in the buttocks irritates the sciatic nerve." Posted about it when I had it in the Shoot the sh*t thread.

Funny, I found these two guys about a month ago for a neck exercise.
Its really amazing what you can find out there if you look to help what problems you may have instead of just taking drugs and surgery.

•••
Yep, same here, couldn’t turn in the bed. Doctors didn’t really know to much about it in the late 80s through early 90s , you did just as well not to go to a doctor, I probably spent several thousand dollars on it with doctors , with zero results from them.
As my brother always likes to reminds me, Doctors are only Practicing medicine.

And while they Practice we most of the time just suffer.

•••
Started having constant pain from sciatica. After physio and acupuncture started to not do much of anything anymore, I tried an inversion table a friend has, that I was skeptical about. 1st time I tried it I was without pain for a couple days - got a little 'pop' in my lower back that must've aligned something and taken pressure off things some. Ended up getting my own table and wouldn't be without it, now. When I don't do it regular enough - a minute in the morning and sometimes a minute later in day - pain starts to come back. When I do it regular enough, no pain all day or sometimes a bit of pain, but easy to live with. A couple other people I know now have their own inversion tables and say they also get good back pain help.
On inversion tables and back pain: https://www.google.com/search?sourc...hUKEwj5_eDSwcjnAhVXZM0KHYMMDGMQ4dUDCAc&uact=5

If want to try one, can order one online from a place like Walmart. Try it 90 days, and if it doesn't help, give it back. The one I got from Walmart after doing some research, that I'm happy with: https://www.walmart.com/ip/IRONMAN-Gravity-4000-Highest-Weight-Capacity-Inversion-Table/8477604
I had self-diagnosed piriformis syndrome "A disorder in which the piriformis muscle in the buttocks irritates the sciatic nerve."

I can relate to what you're saying. Could be much of the cause of the residual pain I sometimes feel? I'm going to add it to doing the inversion table and see how well it improves things.

•••
Started having constant pain from sciatica. After physio and acupuncture started to not do much of anything anymore, I tried an inversion table a friend has, that I was skeptical about. 1st time I tried it I was without pain for a couple days - got a little 'pop' in my lower back that must've aligned something and taken pressure off things some. Ended up getting my own table and wouldn't be without it, now. When I don't do it regular enough - a minute in the morning and sometimes a minute later in day - pain starts to come back. When I do it regular enough, no pain all day or sometimes a bit of pain, but easy to live with. A couple other people I know now have their own inversion tables and say they also get good back pain help.
On inversion tables and back pain: https://www.google.com/search?sourc...hUKEwj5_eDSwcjnAhVXZM0KHYMMDGMQ4dUDCAc&uact=5

If want to try one, can order one online from a place like Walmart. Try it 90 days, and if it doesn't help, give it back. The one I got from Walmart after doing some research, that I'm happy with: https://www.walmart.com/ip/IRONMAN-Gravity-4000-Highest-Weight-Capacity-Inversion-Table/8477604

I can relate to what you're saying. Could be much of the cause of the residual pain I sometimes feel? I'm going to add it to doing the inversion table and see how well it improves things.

I have had an inversion table now for about 15yrs but its difficult for me to use until I lose some weight and get back down to about 200 or less. Over 200 it puts a lot of stress on my ankles.

But I do agree they are great for the spine.
They can take a lot of pressure off of your disks.

Yours looks l a lot like mine.
I got mine at Costco for about the same price and every now and then I see even better ones there for about $250 or less.

Last edited:
•••
I have had an inversion table now for about 15yrs but its difficult for me to use until I lose some weight and get back down to about 200 or less. Over 200 it puts a lot of stress on my ankles.

But I do agree they are great for the spine.
They can take a lot of pressure off of your disks.

Yours looks l a lot like mine.
I got mine at Costco for about the same price and every now and then I see even better ones there for about $250 or less.

I think what's especially good about the inversion tables is they can help realign things that might have gotten out of align over time. I also have had a left hip issue - couldn't lay on that side without major pain flaring up. That's improved a lot since the inversion table. Maybe something in the hip realigned some, as well?

I'm over 200 and good with any ankle stress I get from table. But then I'm fairly active, which could be a help. And the table I have is built to handle major weight, so maybe ankle clamps a little more padded?

Regardless, I'll take some ankle stress if it means not having to put up with the alternative.

I checked out Costco as well when researching machines. The Walmart Ironman one came out as being best overall choice, for me.

On the popular Teeter ones that both places sell, I didn't care for them as much, when I checked them out. As someone said, their quality dropped while their prices went up.

Last edited:
•••
I went to my local academy sports and outdoors store, I told the floor person i wanted to get on that inverter, All i can say, It is like a Chiropractor on steroids, but with out all the twisting and turning and stuff. My complete neck decompressed, i heard like thumps in my head for each vertebrae , it felt like magic with no back or neck soreness the next day. I bought it right there after i got right side up lol.

I can be found twice a day hanging like a bat with no worries, usually 15 minutes per session.

•••
I went to my local academy sports and outdoors store, I told the floor person i wanted to get on that inverter, All i can say, It is like a Chiropractor on steroids, but with out all the twisting and turning and stuff. My complete neck decompressed, i heard like thumps in my head for each vertebrae , it felt like magic with no back or neck soreness the next day. I bought it right there after i got right side up lol.

I can be found twice a day hanging like a bat with no worries, usually 15 minutes per session.

Reminds me: One thing I found that seems to help things further at times is doing a bit of hip shifting side to side while inverted. Haven't done any shoulder twists while inverted, but was thinking to try some of that, as well.

A Bob & Brad video on inversion tables:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back