Dynadot

Anyone having any luck selling domains on eBay?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have mostly sold on ebay, but lately the market seems so depressed that its just brutal! The .99 open bid is absolute suicide! Is it name quality or a depressed market? I've lost on a few names lately that I thought were D*mn good names. Its very frustrating! Anyone feeling my pain?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
eBay is a GREAT place to buy items but a terrible place to sell. I wouldn't suggest ever selling a domain on eBay. I sold one there for $400 and another for $235 or so. But I can't recall ever having another $xxx sale there, ever.

•••
i disagree, i generally have atleast one $xxx sale per week or more. Its a great place to sell you just have to know how to organize and do everything the right way

•••
i disagree, i generally have atleast one $xxx sale per week or more. Its a great place to sell you just have to know how to organize and do everything the right way

You've gotta be lucky. I've studied the so-called eBay "secrets" and have had success with them. But that doesn't help any with all the screwy things eBay had done to itself in the past few years. Making $100 is terrible. I feel sorry for you, really. If you had a $100 sale there, I'm sure you lost out on a potential $500+ sale by just selling it here or elsewhere.

•••
I have to side with Archangel on this one..

As an example last spring I bought a series of ccc.nets for 3$-7$ a piece on Ebay. Sold a single one of them for 850$ a month after acquiring it. And I have had numerous 99 cent buys that I later flipped for mid xx$.

•••
I have to side with Archangel on this one..

As an example last spring I bought a series of ccc.nets for 3$-7$ a piece on Ebay. Sold a single one of them for 850$ a month after acquiring it. And I have had numerous 99 cent buys that I later flipped for mid xx$.

A small example: I acquired SigningIsFun.com there for $1. It's not a great domain but it's very brandable for a deaf (like me) type site, with sign-language books etc. It could sell quite nicely.

•••
I see your points, I may have to consider selling outside of ebay and then whatever doesn't sell after a few months I could just unload on ebay for a small profit. If I start selling outside of ebay where should I sell? Sedo? GoDaddy? Here? One of the reasons I sell on ebay though is for fast cash. The way I do it I know I'm going to make money every weekend but if I'm doing it outside of ebay am I still going to have sales every week if I'm pricing them correctly?

•••
I see your points, I may have to consider selling outside of ebay and then whatever doesn't sell after a few months I could just unload on ebay for a small profit. If I start selling outside of ebay where should I sell? Sedo? GoDaddy? Here? One of the reasons I sell on ebay though is for fast cash. The way I do it I know I'm going to make money every weekend but if I'm doing it outside of ebay am I still going to have sales every week if I'm pricing them correctly?

I'd recommend you try selling here first. It might take awhile to get a sale but the profit will be better. If you have a really good domain, try selling it on a REAL domain auction like snapnames or hold it awhile & hope you get an offer on SEDO. If you have no luck with a domain, use eBay as a last option.

•••
Thanks for your help, I've listed a couple domain names on the forum so I'll see how it goes. I just have to get used to pricing domains now since I'm used to all $0.99 starts with no reserve

•••
My Not So Good Domains Go To Ebay....

•••
If I start selling outside of ebay where should I sell? Sedo? GoDaddy? Here? One of the reasons I sell on ebay though is for fast cash. The way I do it I know I'm going to make money every weekend but if I'm doing it outside of ebay am I still going to have sales every week if I'm pricing them correctly?

I would recommend Godaddy auctions and snapnames seeing as they are both free to use. In regards to guaranteeing weekly sales.. I would say that is always a matter of price/quality and THEN the venue/audience. If you are used to accepting low xx$ end prices and put in some work I can easily see you sell something each week.

•••
Thanks for all your advice. So far its going well!

•••
I think ebay is becoming a starting point for alot of newbies. If they happen upon a good name, its rare that the "end user" is buying it on ebay. Its been my experience that its the wholesalers or resellers that are buying on ebay, because alot of my customers come back regularly and bid against each other or snap up a name for the opening bid or not much more. I'm realizing that alot of my names would carry a much higher value in the end user market - OUTSIDE of ebay.

WholesaleFoodSupplier.com - $12.50
MarinePartsDealer.com - $10.50
AdvancedBusinessManagement.com - 12.26
Recyclables.info - $4.24 (paid $60 for that one on pool.com)
NostalgicHotels.com - $5.51

These are just 5 of my recent examples of how the resellers are winning on ebay right now. All are good examples of end-user domains. Had I averaged just $50 bucks each to the right buyers, I would be up over $200 from these toilet sales! After listing fees, upgrades (so people can see you for all the ridiculous MJ domains) paypal fees, final value fees and time spent: waiting to get paid, hoping the buyer sends you the right f*ckin transfer info the FIRST time, creating a decent auction page, transferring domains to someone - knowing you lost your ass - and then contemplating if I want to do it again next week? I'm like F*CK EBAY!!!!!!!

•••
I'm not sure what I'm doing differently that it works so well for me. I'm gonna try to doing a couple different things, some for sale on here, some on ebay, some on sedo, and some on godaddy and see what happens in the next few weeks.

•••
I'm not sure what I'm doing differently that it works so well for me. I'm gonna try to doing a couple different things, some for sale on here, some on ebay, some on sedo, and some on godaddy and see what happens in the next few weeks.

I've seen your auctions. None are stellar but I think they could sell pretty well to endusers. Your domains aren't category-killers or anything but they are worthy of being sold elsewhere. eBay is for the sh*tty names (like the MJ ones)

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

You are dead-on, my friend. Reps added.

I think ebay is becoming a starting point for alot of newbies. If they happen upon a good name, its rare that the "end user" is buying it on ebay. Its been my experience that its the wholesalers or resellers that are buying on ebay, because alot of my customers come back regularly and bid against each other or snap up a name for the opening bid or not much more. I'm realizing that alot of my names would carry a much higher value in the end user market - OUTSIDE of ebay.

WholesaleFoodSupplier.com - $12.50
MarinePartsDealer.com - $10.50
AdvancedBusinessManagement.com - 12.26
Recyclables.info - $4.24 (paid $60 for that one on pool.com)
NostalgicHotels.com - $5.51

These are just 5 of my recent examples of how the resellers are winning on ebay right now. All are good examples of end-user domains. Had I averaged just $50 bucks each to the right buyers, I would be up over $200 from these toilet sales! After listing fees, upgrades (so people can see you for all the ridiculous MJ domains) paypal fees, final value fees and time spent: waiting to get paid, hoping the buyer sends you the right f*ckin transfer info the FIRST time, creating a decent auction page, transferring domains to someone - knowing you lost your ass - and then contemplating if I want to do it again next week? I'm like F*CK EBAY!!!!!!!

•••
Thanks archangel. I really appreciate all your suggestions/feedback. If your looking at my auctions for this week, they aren't as good as they usually are but either way, do you really think overal that monthly I would be making more money outside of ebay selling the same quality of domains that I'm selling now?

•••
Thanks archangel. I really appreciate all your suggestions/feedback. If your looking at my auctions for this week, they aren't as good as they usually are but either way, do you really think overal that monthly I would be making more money outside of ebay selling the same quality of domains that I'm selling now?

No problem -- glad to help :)

It's kind of an issue of quality and quantity. Assuming you sold the exact same domains on and off eBay: You might sell 100 for $300 on eBay and you might sell only about 5 here -- BUT your ales here would be higher. 5 is a guesstimate. If they are good domains, you might be able to sell them on here and have quite a few ales. All & all, eBay is your best bet if you have domains that you can't sell anywhere else. If your domains are decent, you could net a bigger sale outside of eBay :)

•••
I'm gonna try a little bit of everything and see what I like best. Selling outside of ebay would also save me alot of time I think

•••
I'm gonna try a little bit of everything and see what I like best. Selling outside of ebay would also save me alot of time I think

Experimenting is best but with eBay, keep post #38 above in mind :)

•••
I sure will. Once again, thanks for all your help!

•••
•••
Anyone having any luck selling domains on eBay?

NO. Did once never again.

However I did buy a poker name 7 years back for $13 and made $10k with it in the past 11 months!!!! You see the money is in developing, not buying and selling unless you buy, develop, then sell. Buying a domain without a established site is like buying a store with empty stock and no consumers.

•••
I hope it comes back around because this is really my only source of income and I need to buy a car soon :P Come check out my store! Auctions end Saturday and Sunday Nights. Link is in my signature

When does your ebook come out? :)

•••
When does your ebook come out? :)

I don't plan out writing an ebook but I could probably help you out if you need any help.

Just let me know

•••
No, it is just too difficult to sell domains at eBay because many of them will just bid it until the highest price, then just leave it.So unless your domains are very popular, and you're not looking to earn some money from it, do not sell it at eBay.

•••
I never had luck with it !
Most just bid..
Cheers,
- Wickedd00

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back