Domain Empire

Anyone good with OOo spreadsheets?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

yilduz

Your face is regfee!Established Member
Impact
I decided near the end of last year that 2010 will be a good year for me, that I would learn as much as I can and profit this year. For that reason, I need to keep track of my spending vs earnings. I have OpenOffice so I'm trying to use the spreadsheet and, admittedly, I don't really know much about it.

What I'm essentially trying to do is have a column for spending, a column for earnings, and another column telling me what the transaction was. I was figuring the the top row would be totals, but I can't figure out how to do this.

So, essentially:
........ | $8,000,000 | $0,000,007 | -$7,999,993
........ | Spending ...| Earnings... | Difference ^
Jan 7 | $1,000,000 |................. | Spending moneys
Jan 8 | $7,000,000 |................. | Purchased the internet
Jan 9 | ..................| $0,000,007 | Sold the internet

Does anyone know how I would do this? Or do you know of a tutorial that shows me how to do this? I just keep finding things to add up stuff after it has been entered. But I want the totals to be modified automatically when I enter something below.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Almost the same as excel tbh.

From what I understand :
Date, Credit, Debit, Difference - are your four columns

So sample data would be:
01/01/10, $8000, $7, =B2-C2 - would be the formula for the 4th column.
If you just copy and paste the formula in all rows, it will automatically deduct the amount for subsequent rows. If this isn't correct maybe you need to elaborate what exactly you're trying to do.

•••
Almost the same as excel tbh.

From what I understand :
Date, Credit, Debit, Difference - are your four columns

So sample data would be:
01/01/10, $8000, $7, =B2-C2 - would be the formula for the 4th column.
If you just copy and paste the formula in all rows, it will automatically deduct the amount for subsequent rows. If this isn't correct maybe you need to elaborate what exactly you're trying to do.

=B2-C2

I put that in a cell and saw what it does. That is pretty easy. :P
Thank you. :)

Rep+

•••
I use open office calc for tracking my portfolio.

Which isn't as big as it used to be, but still needs a lot of doing if I was using text files or manual calculations.

The open office help forum is an excellent resource for more complicated solutions, I use it when I get stuck for advanced formulae. Glad it worked out, cheers!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back