IT.COM

.tv Anyone familiar with premium .tv rules

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Grego85

Sweet.DomainsTop Member
Impact
Hey Everyone,

I have my eye on a premium .tv domain that has expired and is now in redemption at about 42 days after expiration. The name is of course registered via Enom. I'm trying like hell to figure out a way I can get this name without having to pay the completely absurd premium price.

If the name was restored from redemption and then renewed, that would keep it at general renewal price would it not? Generally names that expire from Enom are listed on NameJet, but in this case the name was never listed there. I called Enom and they are unwilling to let me pay the restoration and renewal fee to obtain the name. I'm wondering why they wouldn't allow me to do this? Why wouldn't the name be sent to NameJet? All I can think is that it may be a registry rule that premium .tvs cant be purchased in this manner inorder to avoid paying the premium fee for a new registration.

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks pros!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Check Whois history and contact the previous owner and you will have to make it worth their while to help you obtain the name. Registries sometimes take back domains they believe can be sold at a premium price.

•••
I only know of one legacy premium like this and the backorder is taken at name.com already. The renewal on the legacy premiums would be the same as always if recovered. They only drop if they are dropped and registered. (If registered before 03-2010 it may be premium).

Best bet is alternative backorder options but don't have high hopes :) Likely to come in at a minimum of $1200.

If it's a regular new premium then it will likely be repriced on the drop to be a premium again.

I called Enom and they are unwilling to let me pay the restoration and renewal fee to obtain the name. I'm wondering why they wouldn't allow me to do this?

What possibly gave you the idea they would do this? :)

Last edited:
•••
What possibly gave you the idea they would do this? :)

I just figured they might want to keep the name registered with themselves so they can keep collecting renewal fees on it, instead of losing it completely. Similar to selling expired names via NameJet.

Check Whois history and contact the previous owner and you will have to make it worth their while to help you obtain the name. Registries sometimes take back domains they believe can be sold at a premium price.

I tried sending the owner an email but have not heard anything back :(

•••
My understanding is that the redemption period is meant to benefit the original registrant. If anyone could register the name during the redemption period, what would there be redemption from?

•••
Registries sometimes take back domains they believe can be sold at a premium price.

Never knew they could do that. I thought once the purchase was honoured it was the rightful owners.

•••
James-I am only referring to expired domains but sometimes with .TV the registry has kept the domain and repriced it rather than allow it to go through the normal drop cycle where anyone can backorder it at Namejet or Name.com for example.

•••
Hey Everyone,

I have my eye on a premium .tv domain that has expired and is now in redemption at about 42 days after expiration. The name is of course registered via Enom. I'm trying like hell to figure out a way I can get this name without having to pay the completely absurd premium price.

If the name was restored from redemption and then renewed, that would keep it at general renewal price would it not? Generally names that expire from Enom are listed on NameJet, but in this case the name was never listed there. I called Enom and they are unwilling to let me pay the restoration and renewal fee to obtain the name. I'm wondering why they wouldn't allow me to do this? Why wouldn't the name be sent to NameJet? All I can think is that it may be a registry rule that premium .tvs cant be purchased in this manner inorder to avoid paying the premium fee for a new registration.

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks pros!
Is it back ordered already?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back